Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:10 PM

Being friendly

And good manners is sometimes the best way. Long story involving my mother`s parking badge and a screw up by my brother. So I got on the phone-can you help please, OK I am not ringing to give you a hard time---oh yes that would be helpful etc.

Later today I got a call to say-`we have fast tracked your mother`s renewal`

They must have loads of applications,often folks getting angry-but there is a way you know
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Re: Being friendly

Yes it’s best to go the friendly route first, then if it doesn’t work up your tone a decibel at a time, that is of course if you are sure you are in the right.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:30 PM

More often than not the person answering the phone is not the one who screwed up so it's a bit unfair giving him/her a hard time.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:34 PM

I too find its always best to be pleasant and friendly to everyone you need to ring as it can sometimes go in your favour (not always but sometimes)
Who wants to answer a call or recieve a call and get all out warfare! Its never nice is it?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
More often than not the person answering the phone is not the one who screwed up so it's a bit unfair giving him/her a hard time.
I know,been there with my staff many years ago-the person picking up will always try harder if they are spoken to with respect.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 05:40 PM

Sometimes it is a little hard trying to keep your wits about you if something has gone wrong. But thinking more logically works better, when speaking in the right tone and being polite on the telephone.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 06:53 PM

Yes I agree
Being friendly is definitely the way to get things done!
If it's not working, continue to be pleasant but hold your ground.
Polite but firm.
It works a treat with teenagers anyway !!!
Confrontation gets you nowhere.
Titus
London
Titus is male  Titus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Yes I agree
Being friendly is definitely the way to get things done!
If it's not working, continue to be pleasant but hold your ground.
Polite but firm.
It works a treat with teenagers anyway !!!
Confrontation gets you nowhere.
oh yes firm and polite works with my boys !
1 teenager and 1 who's 11
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Titus ->
oh yes firm and polite works with my boys !
1 teenager and 1 who's 11
Parenting is a completely different kettle of fish Titus!!
Titus
London
Titus is male  Titus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 08:09 PM

Don't i know it !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top