Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 11:26 AM

At last

After over a year I have adapted to living in a much smaller house. The final clear out has taken place and so things have moved. My computer is now in my dining room-so as I type I see my pond,and the sun on the blossom of my cherry plum hedge and the back lawn. My kitchen now has no computer so thus more space to keeps things tidy. So far two friends have dropped in for a few minutes and neither of them noticed-I have strange friends.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 11:30 AM

Re: At last

Its always good to have a "clear out" OG im glad youve found yourself more space and are sorted in your smaller house.
I think its like when someone shaves their beard off ,you know something is different but you just cant quite "put your finger" on it lol....sounds like you have a lovely view from your computer now
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 11:35 AM

Well done OG. Decluttering is so liberating.

(I hope someone notices when I shave my beard off)
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 12:28 PM

I have never had to downsize as our house is small anyway. The computer sits on the dining table we have in the lounge which looks out over the back garden the same as you OG.

But we do have to declutter about every couple of years, we are in the process of doing this again now. Bought lots of those plastic storage boxes. Its amazing how many extension leads, computer leads etc any one house needs. Getting hubby to sort through.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 01:00 PM

I should clear clutter I know, but haven't the inclination. I did clear out my wardrobe yesterday of things no longer used/wanted. I have 3 holdalls, a few handbags & other bags, to take to a charity shop tomorrow. Plus a lot of paperback books. I threw out old shoes/boots & clothing not fit for a charity shop, they'll go to the tip, um, council recycle place locally.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 01:32 PM

Nice to hear your settling in and getting used to the new place OG, the best of luck in it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Well done, OG. I hope to reach that stage eventually, having moved to a much smaller house three months ago. Still got a long way to go in the decluttering though!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:16 PM

I moved (downsized) nearly three years ago and I'm still trying to fit things in, I can't throw things away, I might need them! Especially the shed full of wool!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:21 PM

I still have things that have not been used for years-like cake tins. They remain in case someone drops in and says `What you need in your life is someone to make you a nice chocolate cake,or coffee and walnut`

One dreams

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top