Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 03:31 PM

Don't say nothin' at all?

Do you agree with Thumper?

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all

Does it work for you in general life?
Is it a good maxim for forums?
Is it the wimp's way out?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 03:36 PM

Re: Don't say nothin' at all?

hmm thats a hard one Dinahsmum...going to go away and have a think on it
In my general offline life thats my everyday way certainly ..but as for forums where you can "bump" into some very disagreeable people ...im thinking on it..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Do you agree with Thumper?

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all

Does it work for you in general life?
Is it a good maxim for forums?
Is it the wimp's way out?

No, I don't think it's the wimp's way out DM, sometimes it's the hardest thing to do, but the wisest.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 03:39 PM

Totally agree when someone is being Sarcastic , or putting you down , theres no need . Especially when its on a forum ..
But if you are having a one to one barney in private then its everyone for themselves ..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 03:46 PM

I will state my opinion whether it is popular or not.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I will state my opinion whether it is popular or not.
I think most of us have already worked that out
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 04:00 PM

Yes - Yes and No, DM ...

We try to think to our self: Is the other person suffer for some other reason and it comes out to others by not so nice actions or speaking? I try always to remember that human behavior will "leak out" when they are upset or not happy or what ever is the case...and each tiny disagreement will be amplify way too much.

Wimp way out? I dunno - I think it is never "wrong" to be civil to each other - even if the other one is not civil back to us. Is best to just let it go rather than cause any one unnecessary hurts. How important is the disagreement in the schemes of life? Will it matter one week from now in our life? Nah.... (is NOT to say that I do not feel upset some time - but I will not allow my self to dwell on "small stuff" - if it is "big stuff", I will bring a mediator in to help us both to see the other side and be able to thinking straight) Just my opinion - worth a sip of coffees only...
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 04:05 PM

Don't say nothing at all???

That's a double negative.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 04:11 PM

He's only a baby wabbit!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 04:25 PM

You get to a point where enough is enough - then I do speak out
I prefer genial happy people

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top