Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 03:34 AM

Your funny for the day.

I think most of us, if not all, have funny moments happen every day.
Share them!

Mine for today:
I noticed I'd run out of bay leaves, and needed some for tomorrow, so when my husband phoned later in the day, I asked him to stop and buy some after work.
He stopped and did make a purchase all right!
Of Baileys!
No complaints my end!
Cheers!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 09:50 AM

Re: Your funny for the day.

Love that ! And - love the idea of this thread

The only funny thing that happened yesterday was I was told a newbie was moving in and his name was 'Stirrup'
Stirrup ? Says I - that's a funny name ..............
No - says she - 'Stewart'
Oh .......... Says I .................
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 12:47 PM

My favorite funny is 40 years old. A workmate and I were at a clients house installing air conditioning. The man of the house asked me:"Are you Hungarian?"
I replied:"No thanks, we just had lunch."
He just smiled and I quickly got on with my work.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I think most of us, if not all, have funny moments happen every day.
Share them!

Mine for today:
I noticed I'd run out of bay leaves, and needed some for tomorrow, so when my husband phoned later in the day, I asked him to stop and buy some after work.
He stopped and did make a purchase all right!
Of Baileys!
No complaints my end!
Cheers!
Gosh I hope you didn't put that in the stew Jackie
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 01:00 PM

@ Patsy and Ploppy..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 01:33 PM

What about the guy that watered my 'artificial' plants and flowers
And - the guy who asked me for tips on gardening
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the smiles.

Earlier one of the dogs was hanging around in the kitchen area while I was putting groceries away, and I told him to go lie down.
Our parrot Moko pipes up: "Mummy, shut up!"
Cheeky bugger!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 11:20 PM

A few weeks ago we had friends here, I had been out earlier in the day and I´d left my boots in the kitchen, black soft boots with black fur round the top. I went to get something from the fridge, tripped on the boots, thought I´d trodden on Chocho and bent down, stroked the fur on the boots and apologised. I´m never going to live it down, my friends bring this up at every occasion they can think of, they were all in hysterics. I should add that I hadn´t put the light on in that particular part of the kitchen, so it was an easy mistake to make !
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 11:39 PM

A couple of days ago I had a call at 130am from the security company saying our site had an intruder so I went out to see the damage.

This is in Northern Moor, a part of the rough Wythenshawe area.

When I got there I was greeted by a nervous looking security guard, he'd not been into the fenced off area nor had he phoned the police as he felt a little embarrassed.

There, to my amazement was a drunk guy in high vis jacket singing to a horse. He apologised and went on his way. No damage just a dislodged fence pole.

My son and I had a laugh about this though stunned at what we'd seen.

The next day I was told to go on this site

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....uring-10877962

Here's a screenshot of the text I received from the security guard after id left for home. The horse had come over to me on the way out. Please excuse his txt speak. Note the time and day.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	301  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 11:52 PM

Amusing on the surface Tpin, but I can't help but feel concern for the horse. It sounds like the police left the horse with the bloke because they couldn't be bothered to return it to its field. Poor thing's probably dead by now if he fed it fish & chips!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top