Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:48 PM

What makes a 'Good Poster?'

Something said in another thread prompted me to wonder about this.

To you, personally, what would you say makes a "Good Poster?"

Do they have to be consistently 'good' or can just a flash of inspiration win you over?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:56 PM

Re: What makes a 'Good Poster?'

What makes a good poster Mups?

One that stays up on the wall.

Ok I'm going
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:57 PM

I tend to think there are many many good posters here ..not one thing in itself makes a "good" poster but I just read everyones views and have the odd few whos posts I enjoy reading.....thats not to say I dont enjoy the others though just that I have a few I like their posts as they are informed and witty and clever too
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:59 PM

To me, people's posts should never be rated or judged. It's hard enough for some to find the confidence to post.
Everyone's post is valid and important.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
What makes a good poster Mups?

One that stays up on the wall.

Ok I'm going
good reply Pesta ...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
To me, people's posts should never be rated or judged. It's hard enough for some to find the confidence to post.
Everyone's post is valid and important.
Agree with that Art too.....just because someone may be a "prolific" poster doesnt mean they ve got the best things to say ....even someone only posting on the odd occasion has just as much good to say
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:07 PM

The ability to be concise impresses, as does grammar and punctuation. Add a little humour and that probably does it for me.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:10 PM

Hang on let me put some more money in the meter
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Agree with that Art too.....just because someone may be a "prolific" poster doesnt mean they ve got the best things to say ....even someone only posting on the odd occasion has just as much good to say

Absolutely, Aysa, that isn't what I meant though. 'Prolific' doesn't mean 'good' at all.
I meant what sort of posts appeal to you? What makes them so enjoyable?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-02-2016, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
The ability to be concise impresses, as does grammar and punctuation. Add a little humour and that probably does it for me.

Yup, think I'd agree with that, Rachel. Punctuation is more important than spelling alot of the time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top