Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:38 PM

Too much crime drama?

There I was watching "Midsomer Murders", much the same plot as last week, when an ad came on for "Grantchester", starring Robson Greene.
Remember it?
I thought, " Oh good, I enjoyed that when it was on last time " then realised it's yet another crime drama.
I wish they'd bring back "London's Burning" or "Soldier Soldier" or something similar.
I do love the vintage crime series like "Murdoch Mysteries" of "Dr. Blake" but, why is there so much of it all?
Do you like it?
How many can you name? Past or present.
Barcud
South Wales, UK
Barcud is female 

10-02-2016, 11:01 PM

Re: Too much crime drama?

Never missed an episode of London's Burning or Soldier Soldier. Used to like Bergerac too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 12:00 AM

I can't stand crime/cop dramas. OH watches them avidly though. Perhaps it's a male thing.
Having written that, I have started watching Shetland. The scenery is wonderful.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 12:03 AM

I don't watch crime dramas, they are too formulaic for me .
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 07:16 AM

Crime dramas are fine if they are of good quality, like Shetland, Happy Valley or The Fall. Some they are making are just rubbish, like the new one "Lucky Man" with James Nesbitt. He must have been hard up for a few bob to agree to star in that, it won't do a thing for his reputation.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 07:44 AM

I watch a lot of the US true crime stuff, Unsolved, Crime Stories, Unusual Suspects and the like. Although some are gruesome I find the sheer callousness of people fascinating, as well as the arrogance of some criminals. Crime dramas don't do it for me though, they're all pretty much the same as each other IMO - leading investigator usually has personal problems of their own or is a maverick in some way or else has some quirkly personality trait ....... yawn.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 08:24 AM

Pretty much gave up on them after Dixon of Dock Green and Z Cars.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 08:54 AM

Definitely too much of it, but is it because they are popular?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 08:59 AM

I like the vintage stuff "Heartbeat" and the one's mentioned in my op because they had to use brainpower not dna and modern methods which are a tad boring. Also they're nowhere near as violent.
I'm really enjoying Dickensian and can't wait to find out who killed Marley!
Gosh, Nom, talk about "vintage"! Remember "No Hiding Place" too?
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 09:04 AM

I don't care who killed Marley because too many people known and unknown had both motive and opportunity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top