Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:12 PM

Markets

I love looking around a good market..do you live close to a town that has a thriving market in the week..maybe you live in a market town..?
I have three local towns one 3 miles from me and the other 8 miles away and the other 12 miles they all have markets on a Thursday for one and a Friday the other one and also a Saturday so im spoilt for choice on markets and flea markets too

Do you enjoy looking round your local markets ? Are they thriving or seen better days?

Piccy of Swaffham market place
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Re: Markets

sorry im not one for Markets , can i ask you Aysa what the attraction is , what draws you to them ?..
Id love to go to Swaffham though ..
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Piccy of Swaffham market place
I was in Swaffam a few weeks ago, walked all around that picture looking at the shops, sat under the tree on the right of the domed thingy, unfortunately it wasn't market day
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:19 PM

I love the variety of stalls Eliza and theres nothing nicer than on a sunny warm day browsing around the different market stalls and if theres a "flea"/Antique" market there too all the better...I find it very enjoyable and then to stop at a nice coffee shop/cafe to have some lunch .
Roll on summertime
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:20 PM

I always avoid the nearest town on market day, I have never had any interest in the goods sold in markets.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2016, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I was in Swaffam a few weeks ago, walked all around that picture looking at the shops, sat under the tree on the right of the domed thingy, unfortunately it wasn't market day
Its a small world Losos isnt it
Market day is a Saturday there,who knows we might even have walked past each other without knowing it lol
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:25 PM

My mother in law was one for Markets went to the same one on a Monday and Saturday ,it seem to be the thing to do in old times i think mainly cause of the lower prices ..

Ive noticed a decline in a Market in a setting very similar to the one in your photo ,it once was full of stalls but now theres just a couple last time i went about 10 year ago .
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:32 PM

I absolutely love markets, Aysa. I live not too far from Ely, which has a great street market. We have a small one in the town I live in on a Wednesday and Saturday. I always go on Wednesdays to buy fresh flowers - which are a good deal cheaper than in shops. The local market took a dip recently and looked as though it might fold - but a few new traders have come and hopefully it will continue.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:33 PM

I like a one stop supermarket, where I get my goods twice a week.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:40 PM

Absolutely love the markets - haven't been for years though
The absolute best of them were the London markets
I bought the best dress 'ever' down the market - it was stunning, well made, great material - those were the days

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top