Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Stories to tell

My family love hearing my stories retold from here!

It causes much mirth around the kitchen table when they visit/stay here..."got any of your stories mum???"

I tell them (jokingly of course) that I belong to an Old Farts Forum!!
My daughter's b/f said very seriously over Christmas, is it really called Old Farts Forum??

Can't wait to tell them about Solo's neighbour!!

(Markey's ongoing tales when he brushed up against the Russian Mafia in London were gooduns.)

Have you any favourite stories, funny or serious, gleaned from here?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:35 PM

Re: Stories to tell

The only story I can recall was one I wrote about my encounter with a guy dressed up as a woman. Funny thing was, simply because I accidently ran across this confused guy at a party, some who read it here, thought I was gay and in fact, insisted that I was. Life works that way you know. When people don't understand life, they mistakenly put you in boxes.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:47 PM

I often tell my family about the forum post on here , some that are very funny ,some that are not and the scraps that go on .
Its like a Soap series and each poster is a charactor playing their part ..
And there is a lot going on that is not plain to see but suddenly a member post something and it all drops into place , .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I often tell my family about the forum post on here , some that are very funny ,some that are not and the scraps that go on .
Its like a Soap series and each poster is a charactor playing their part ..
And there is a lot going on that is not plain to see but suddenly a member post something and it all drops into place , .
So true Eliza
Yep - Fabs knows all that goes on and we have many laughs thanks to all here
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My family love hearing my stories retold from here!

It causes much mirth around the kitchen table when they visit/stay here..."got any of your stories mum???"

I tell them (jokingly of course) that I belong to an Old Farts Forum!!
My daughter's b/f said very seriously over Christmas, is it really called Old Farts Forum??

Can't wait to tell them about Solo's neighbour!!

(Markey's ongoing tales when he brushed up against the Russian Mafia in London were gooduns.)

Have you any favourite stories, funny or serious, gleaned from here?
I dare not tell my daughter, she thinks I'm fat too cool to hang out with old farts, of course she's wrong.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:44 PM

Hi

Not gleaned from here, but some tales to tell.

One was from work, some years ago.

I was based in a very old, very decrepit office, badly in need of new carpets, they stank, a lick of paint, the paint we had was peeling off the walls and the desks etc were literally falling apart.

We had been complaining for some time, to no avail.

Lo and behold, everything suddenly changed, walls and ceilings painted, new carpets, furniture, windows cleaned for the first time in years.

Pictures put up on the walls and even pot plants provided.

The ladies had been complaining about their loos, us to a lesser extent.

They were both completely refurbished, new urinals and loos, mirrors on the walls,no more paper towels and smelly baskets, new hand driers.

All this was accomplished in 9 days, from start to finish, two weekends the contractors worked, all day and through the nights as well.

We were gobsmacked.

The explanation?

The new boss is coming, he wants to meet the staff.

Who was the new boss?

The Home Secretary, David Blunkett, who is of course, blind.

Hilarious.

Off Topic

I have to say he was a very impressive Boss, he had done his research and spoke to all of us, he knew something about everyone in the office.

He knew I was from Huddersfield, where he had spent some time.

When 9/11 happened, he sent a very simple message, get on with it, I will watch your backs.

He had no time for the Civil Liberties / Human Rights Brigade, said it was "airey fairy".

"My job is to protect the public, your job is to make sure I can" was so refreshing.

He reduced the number of Asylum Applications by 70% and was absolutely ruthless when it came to defending the UK.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:48 PM

Really enjoyed reading your post Swim and especially liked this line .........

My job is to protect the public, your job is to make sure I can" was so refreshing.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:14 PM

Similar to SF, a story from a pal that I'd like to share.

My pal has always said that a soldier who is not scared is either dead or a liar, this was drummed into the troops by his CO whom this story is about.

When he was going to the Falklands during the conflict his commanding officer gave his battle speech to the troops, this speech was apparently quite brilliant.
It ended with "men, this is going to test you to the limits, it's going to be rough, it's going to be tough and some of you wont be coming back, but I'm not afraid"

The troops looked at each other in dismay until one asked "Sir, why are you not scared"?

The CO paused, looked at the young soldier and said "because I'm not going with you"

Apparently it was a parody of some John Wayne speech in a film.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-02-2016, 02:18 PM

Oh dear - brought a tear to me eye that did Terry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:51 PM

Very interesting stories everyone

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top