Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:49 AM

There comes a point......

.....in your life when you realise-
Who matters
Who never did
Who won't anymore
And who always will
So don't worry about people from your past-
There's a reason why they didn't make it into your future.
========================
(Didn't know where to post this-please move if needed)
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:50 AM

Re: There comes a point......

Very true
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:52 AM

I always think that while some friends are for life, some are just for a season in your life. I never feel guilty about losing touch with people in the latter category.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:04 PM

So very true.

during your life you'll have lots of pals/mates/buddies but only a handful of friends.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
So very true.

during your life you'll have lots of pals/mates/buddies but only a handful of friends.
Absolutely agree. This is why I have such a distrust in social media where people boast of hundreds of friends, it's all meaningless.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Absolutely agree. This is why I have such a distrust in social media where people boast of hundreds of friends, it's all meaningless.
I don't think that on social media sites 'Friends' means the same as it does to the more mature user (us) so what else could we call someone who we have never met but feel we have a lot in common with having only read their posts and comments?
The internet puts a whole new meaning to the word 'Friend'.
I often think about all the people who have passed through my life, almost impossible to list all of them but most were considered 'Friends' at the time. The majority of them turned out to be just a 'sentence' in the book of life and we will never meet again - something that I never even considered the last time I saw them. Others got to be a 'Chapter' and now possibly receive a Christmas card, but it's still unlikely that our paths will cross again. And then there are the leading characters, who we hope will still be with us when the story ends, they have occupied many chapters and been constant companions throughout the story, sometimes it is they who have to write the ending of the story.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:59 PM

Yes, I agree. It's just a shame the knowledge only seeps through in your later years ...

When I was a child my Gran always used the saying 'with the benefit of hindsight' in conversation with my Mother and I could never understand its meaning even after their patient explanations.

Of course, the day then comes when the understanding very neatly falls into place, again with the benefit of the aging process.

Had I knew then what I know now, a very different course would have been charted ...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:03 PM

I don't think you really need friends, if you are close to your sisters and daughters. You may know lots of people in your life but they are really only glorified acquaintances!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:20 PM

I have an extremely small amount of friends offline in RL less than I can count on one hand..
Ive known lots of people through the years but all have drifted away some by my choice others by theirs but they were still friends for a while...
Online I have similar very small circle of friends but online seems to come and go quicker than RL mind you I have met and had a lovely time with one internet friend so hoping that we remain friends for a good while...I dunno,I just go with the flow and hopefully my internet friends remain to chat for a good while yet..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 04:33 PM

I reach this point years ago and am a happy recluse
...well almost, apart from when the family drag me out of my seclusion ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top