Join for free
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 07:41 PM

Home Sweet Home

Love Towns, Hate the country side well we are all different I guess.

The pair of us here often think we should move perhaps to a place a little more suitable to our coming years but there lies the problem. At the moment we are isolated by the joy of the countryside from the urban jungle of traffic, noise , parking problems and the knuckle dragging foul mouthed neanderhals who own the streets . Ok I appreciate some think town living is a must, say if that is your love.

So I thought perhaps a new area, but heck after looking even that seems to be a nightmare even in the South looking at area reports. That is before you even know who will be living next door. Some decision in life.

http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/category/...land/wiltshire
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 07:52 PM

Re: Home Sweet Home

We live in a small market town with countryside on our doorstep, it's quiet but there's enough here for us. Not much in the way of trouble.
Couldn't bear the city life now - horses for courses, I suppose.

It's getting harder to find a 'comfortable' area, that's for sure.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 07:53 PM

theres no place like Home Duke ,I gave up looking out my back window at fields and wood ,to looking at roof tops .

And like you every house i looked at for sale i then found the neighbourhood in the news for one thing or another .

Do your research with a fine tooth comb . Parish Councils websites will let you know if a big build is going to be the future for that area .
Good Luck with finding your next dream home ..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 11:44 PM

Loved the link - nowt like a bit of slagging off of various areas for a good laugh. Particularly liked the review of Bradford from the link - couldn't agree more, it is a sh*thole.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Loved the link - nowt like a bit of slagging off of various areas for a good laugh. Particularly liked the review of Bradford from the link - couldn't agree more, it is a sh*thole.
I agree Mac, reading it creased me up for all the wrong reasons. Having only been given one life I feel sad for those who have to live in such places, perhaps they like or enjoy it. For myself I would rather live in a trailer in Spain.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

09-02-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
We live in a small market town with countryside on our doorstep, it's quiet but there's enough here for us. Not much in the way of trouble.
Couldn't bear the city life now - horses for courses, I suppose.

It's getting harder to find a 'comfortable' area, that's for sure.
I am pleased for you Cranberry, indeed as we get older our needs get less in some respects.
Glad you are settled.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

09-02-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
theres no place like Home Duke ,I gave up looking out my back window at fields and wood ,to looking at roof tops .

And like you every house i looked at for sale i then found the neighbourhood in the news for one thing or another .

Do your research with a fine tooth comb . Parish Councils websites will let you know if a big build is going to be the future for that area .
Good Luck with finding your next dream home ..
Hi Eilza, what a dilemma . Folk say the only way I will move from here is in a coffin, chances are they may be right. My problem is the worry of my wife living here should I pass on. She recons she wants to say here but I know the joys of country living are far harder than living in a bungalow or flat. Log stacking, sewerage treatment and a long way from the shops and she cannot drive.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:58 AM

What an entertaining website - that one is going in my favourites! I have moved around frequently all my life. The place I have fetched up now, is nowhere in particular - the one advantage is that it is between my two grown up children. One is 3 hours drive one way, one is an hour and a half the other way.
I would love to move back to South Surrey, where I spent a lot of my adult life, but it is too expensive now. I grew up in the South West, right out in the country - but I would find that too far away from everywhere, and also I am now used to the convenience of living on the edge of a town. I like to be able to walk to the shops.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top