Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 02:08 PM

Questions

From a very clever young lady. Some know my girlfriend has a 14 year old daughter. Some comments over a meal the other night.

How did you use to keep in touch with your friends?--we stood outside a phone box ,often for ages in the rain.

Did you have a computer?-Yes we had one at university and it had to be boot strapped-the discs were about the size of a pizza box.

Did you play computer games? Oh yes later on when computers got to 16Mb

16Mb-you are joking. Nope.

Is it hard to get a PhD?-nope but getting in a position to fool people is.

Mimi wants to become a Dr all I said was ----it`s a long and hard road but you know you are clever.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 02:19 PM

Re: Questions

A lot to be said in having an operating system on a disc - different systems could be used on the same hardware. Damned slow though - couldn't believe the speed increase when I got my first 16mb hard drive.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 02:29 PM

Re: Questions

With cell phones there are no more public phones on the streets and the homeless have lost an avenue to scrounge for coins. Being that ocassionaly coins could be found in the coin dispenser

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top