Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 12:06 AM

Have you a tattoo? If yes what and where?

Tattoos are now a fashionable extra but, us oldies started the trend.

I have a few, all can be hidden with a long sleeved shirt, if I desire.

All of them have a meaning, a memory.

I have my wife's name and mine in two linked hearts on my shoulder/upper arm.
My kids names on the opposite upper arm/shoulder.
Then I have a regimental tattoo on my forearm.

Soon I'll probably have my postcode somewhere

Not wanting to get into a love it hate it arguement.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 12:25 AM

Re: Have you a tattoo? If yes what and where?

Yes ive got 4 quite large tattoos....all have a personal meaning to me ..I love them all and am not sorry I have them.
Two on my inner forearms are latin quotes,I also have a line drawn large butterfly in Orange and black and a tiger cub/cat on my upper arm..all of my tattoos are black with the exception of the black and orange butterfly.
I may get another done sometime if the mood takes me.
Im not keen on coloured tattoos at all as they fade over time too much..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 01:49 AM

I have 5 Tattoos a large Sun/Moon with smiley face on my right upper arm, and on my wrist 2 hearts with wings and a beaded chain design around my wrist with 2 more hearts hanging down onto my hand. Then on my top left arm i have a star design pattern. On my outer wrist i have a celtic cross and inner wrist a ying/yang design.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 01:55 AM

Wel that's me slaughtered without anyone having the decency or guts to ask the meaning of any of my 43 tattoos. Yes,43. BUT-I am NOT 'covered' in them. I served with a very,very good buch of lads-some of whom didn't come home. I personally spent nearly 8 months being reconstructed in a military hospital. EVERY tattoo I have is significant,to me,to those times,to events that shaped my future-and to the lads I served with. Across my upper back is a tattoo of a unicorn,standing on a cliff edge as he watches the sun rise...and standing beside him is the Grim Reaper,holding his scythe,but in a relaxed fashion. To the masses,it's what it looks like. To my unit,who were in a particularly bad place when the sh#t hit the fan,it's particularly poignant. I also have a large tattoo that to YOU is a crappy waste of time & money-but to ME is a reminder & tribute to my lovely daughter,who died at the age of three. So don't go judging what you don't understand or have knowledge regarding. Remember; Lisa de Giacondo was unknown,until some chap named Da Vinci asked her to model for him....would you tell HIM he's 'stupid' or that the Mona Lisa is a 'waste of money & time'? After all,to this day nobody,not even the 'experts',know why he painted that picture....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 02:38 AM

Pug, respect mate.
Ole Simmo 1939
Baldivis Western Australia
Ole Simmo 1939 is male 

07-02-2016, 02:44 AM

Hi all, re tattoos, my one and only experience in having a tattoo was as a young fella I spent a bit of time as a seaman in the 50's/60's in the British Merchant Navy on deck. On one of my overseas trips our ship which was I remember clearly an oil tanker called TT Bideford sailing out of Southampton to the Persian Gulf via Hamburg.
The small hop to Hamburg resulted in having to wait our turn to dock / repairs etc which meant that us fella's could go ashore for the night.
This little hic-up resulted in myself getting totally wiped out in the infamous bars , seedy clubs etc. I can honestly say that my memory was and still is a complete blank for this period of time, all I know is that when I awoke the following day not only was I one sick puppy & I was sporting a reasonable sized plaster on my left upper forearm which was hiding a typical seaman's tattoo. This was & is the only one I will have.
just a small comment, the tattoo is of a sinking ship with the message underneath quoting" Sailors Grave.
Ole Simmo
desertfoxx
New Member!
arizona,united states
desertfoxx is female 

07-02-2016, 04:41 AM

Yes I have two one on my outer calf of my late husbands name and date and intertwined wedding rings .got the tattoo before my husband was laid to rest at the veterans cemetery.and the other tattoo is on my right foot and ankle its going to be having my kids names when I get around to it
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 07:33 AM

When I was about to turn 40 I was amazed at the amount of negative talk that flew past my ears. Over the hill, all downhill from here, etc etc as if life just stopped being fun or the thought of taking a risk was out of the question and so thats when I got my tattoo.

On my left shoulder in black. A smoke dragon its like a wisp of curling smoke in the tail end which rises into the dragon proper.

Its me born in the year of the dragon, me with the fire breathing fierceness of a dragon and hopefully me living with the longevity of the dragon.

My son has a lot of tattoos and each one tells a story including a special message from his grandpa which the artist managed to trace the exact handwriting from. My son says this way he carries grandpa with him always.

Yet again the yob mentalitiy has stolen something ancient and special and turned it into something cheap.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2016, 07:45 AM

Pssst, Cass, not just the yob mentality.....the old fogeys don't help with their fuddy duddy generalisations.

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Pest, Cass, not just the yob mentality.....the old fogeys don't help with their fuddy duddy ways and general blinkered views.
I visit old people (80+) and many of them have a very different idea of tattoos. Most of the men have them (army days) and some of the women confess that they have always wanted but never dared!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top