Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 08:38 PM

Car cleaning prices at Supermarket ?

Anyone know how much it costs to have a car cleaned inside and out at Tesco's or other supermarket ?

Late OH use to get ours done about once a month while he did the shopping and I'm sure he said it was £17 ... but a couple of friends were alarmed when I said that.

Dunno

Thanks
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 08:57 PM

Re: Car cleaning prices at Supermarket ?

You must be joking, get outside with a bucket girl.

Plus I would not let those Supermarket guys near my car with their dirty little bucket of water
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:14 PM

I get mine done at Tesco and they charge according to what you want done and the size of the car from small, medium and large. My Peugeot 308 is classed as a medium car and I get both outside and inside done for £14. A bit pricey but they do make a good job of it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:20 PM

I didn't know supermarkets have a car washing service
But then I only wash my car once a year it's not worth bothering with sheep and tractors passing it all the time. I can be sure the moment I wash it a tractor will come past and cover it in dust, straw or something worse.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:40 PM

I can wash, dry, vac, clean the glass , wheels and POLISH my Merc in 20 mins so why would I pay Pole's £30 even if I would let them near it.

Yesterday I griped paying £12 for a wash and vac on the Mondeo. Never again, pain or no pain. £3-60 down the car-wash then put the vac in it, how hard is that.
And I live down a old farm road.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:59 PM

I take mine to a hand wash, no way will I let a jet wash machine anywhere near my car(vans yes,)

They charge £18 for a full wax including alloys or £32 for a valet/wash.

Once a year I get it detailed, that's a bit dearer.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I get mine done at Tesco and they charge according to what you want done and the size of the car from small, medium and large. My Peugeot 308 is classed as a medium car and I get both outside and inside done for £14. A bit pricey but they do make a good job of it.
Ah yes that makes sense now.
A Ford Galaxy would probably be larger than medium ?

A friend thinks her daughter paid about a fiver for her tiny car to be cleaned ... but she probably got a discount as she works at Tesco's.

Thanks all
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:18 PM

Hi Rachel
I usually get my small Citroen C3 done about every few months at Tescos ...they charge me £12 for the inside and out. They do a really good job of it too...hard workers and all foreign and extremely nice and friendly.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:42 PM

If you like your car and the paintwork is good, please think carefully before letting a jet wash loose on it, think about the pressure of the water,?small grains of grit and soft paint.

These machines aren't good for paint.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:51 PM

I don't wash my workhorse, I use them for a year, (25,000.00 miles) then scrap them and buy another (clean) one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top