Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 10:29 AM

Scorching Saturday!

Morning all! Boiling hot day here today in sunny South Wales

Hope you're all out sunning it
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 04:20 PM

Re: Scorching Saturday!

Hi, Azz! Not as nice here as yesterday's delightful sunny 30 C; more clouds than sun, 21 C (70 F) here today with showers coming. To the library and market, nothing planned for the afternoon but papers and crossword. Hope everyone's enjoying the warmth after the cold Winter!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 05:36 PM

Evening Azz and All

It was gorgeous up here as well and Grant took Loki and I to Lochwinnoch RSPB early on this morning. Loki loves it there and I got to walk her first to Castle Semple loch where there and it was crowded, even early in the morning as it was the Lochwinnoch Regatta Day and it was lovely on the loch - all the canoes were out and there were races, with teams from Dundee, Inverness as surround areas all came down for it! Loki was in her element getting plenty of people talking to her. She then plonked herself down beside a young woman and her wee boy, who was delighted to have a "woof woof" - ash the Mum referred to Loki as - to clap and Loki loved it - she loves children!

Then later in the afternoon, after she slept for a ouple of hours, I took her a walk along the wooded path at the RSPB Nature Reserve! It was lovely and shaded and cool!

A good time was had by all and hope everyone here had a good day and still enjoying a good evening.

Take care.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Went for a walk up the mountain for 3 hours... the breeze tricked me into thinking it was cooler than it was - ouch! Hope I don't burn or if I do not too badly!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 07:16 PM

I took the dogs out this morning, two walks by 9.00am it was too hot after that. Planted up a few more plants then went to work. We were booked solid for BBQ's

I don't do sunbathing, its too boring and there's always too much to do. I hope you're not burnt Azz, you should use sunblock!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

22-05-2010, 07:23 PM

We were just walking on the mountain and it felt cooler with my top off - so kept it off

My backs beginning to feel a bit sore now tho
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 07:39 PM

Lovely day here, very hot. We have been among a tribe of screaming 4 year olds at a birthday party in "The Jungle" - an adventure playground round here. Got home exhausted, to see the birds had had a sunbathe in my bedding baskets and dismantled one of my mangers, taking the liner for their nests. So bad I've got to start again with one basket. Ah well
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Dare I say it - too hot!!! But shouldn't moan because I noticed my karela seed has germinated in the temperature. I suspect the poor little bugger will die if the temps drop. I have been down the allotment all day but used sunscreen this time.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Glorious day-general housework then off for a walk with the Hatti girl before it got too hot. After dinner went to do big shop at supermarket-amazed at how many people were in shopping-usually quiet when I go round dinner time. Then spent a very pleasant afternoon in the shade in the garden. My friend called round so we sat out drinking smoothies.....very nice too
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2010, 11:28 AM

We spend yesterday in sunny Devon, it was hot!!!

The beach and sea were packed with people enjoying themselves, the ice cream sellers were doing a roaring trade ....... who needs to go seeking the sun abroad when we get perfect days like that!

We made sure we used plenty of high factor sun screen and I took the precaution of wearing a dressing to protect my recent arm scar.

If it wasn't for having to get back for Cassie I think we would have booked in somewhere for the weekend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top