Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:02 AM

Hard beds....

Inspired by Jazzi - currently on holiday and suffering a hard hotel bed. They gave her a duvet to lie on....

I don't know if it will work or not but it got me thinking of these memory foam toppers that you can buy to go on top of hard mattresses - I wonder if they work?

I have no need for one myself as our bed is sublimely comfortable but wondered if anyone on here uses a memory foam mattress or a memory foam topper?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:09 AM

Re: Hard beds....

Love them carol!

Coincidentally, following a thread about archived threads etc, I was looking at some of my posts from way, way back and I came across this one on memory foam

So, you will see that I was dubious but got one (topper) and loved it. We've now got a Tempur (as advertised) for the cost of a second-hand car or a good holiday but worth every penny.

Tempur pillows too, which are like rocks, yet strangely comfortable
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I have no need for one myself as our bed is sublimely comfortable but wondered if anyone on here uses a memory foam mattress or a memory foam topper?
So...why do you want to know ?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:14 AM

I never used to have mattress toppers but while on holiday one yr where we stayed had them on their beds and It was so comfortable that I bought some for my beds at home and have never looked back...Id definately recommend a topper,its the best thing ive bought for the bed.
I love sleeping in it as its so comfy now. It made all the difference.
I didnt want a memory foam one as id heard they can make you sweat .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Inspired by Jazzi - currently on holiday and suffering a hard hotel bed. They gave her a duvet to lie on....

I don't know if it will work or not but it got me thinking of these memory foam toppers that you can buy to go on top of hard mattresses - I wonder if they work?

I don't think I would like memory foam in any form as it makes you sweat!
As you spend approx 25 years of your life sleeping, then I think you should choose the best mattress you can afford. I will only have Vi-Spring beds, the mattress is handmade using horse hair, wool and other natural fibres.
I sleep like a log!!

Sorry Aysa, I only saw that we'd said the same thing about memory foam making you sweat after I had posted!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I will only have Vi-Spring beds, the mattress is handmade using horse hair, wool and other natural fibres.
I sleep like a log!!
Ah yes...I remember
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Ah yes...I remember
Malcolm.....Do you want a slap?!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:17 AM

I wouldn't want one , they had them in a holiday cottage I stayed in and I ended up wrestling mine onto to the landing in the night because it had a chemical smell .
When I got home I read up on them and they are not for me.

I love my bed with pocket springs, it is quite firm and very comfortable and I don't sink into it so it remains cool in the summer . I wouldn't like a mattress that I sink into.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:19 AM

I was very dubious about memory foam, because of the sweat allegation, as you'll see if you read the 2009 thread in the link. However, I've not found it to be the case, at all.

We're all different, I guess some people are hotter, or colder, in bed but if you're not sleeping well or have skeletal problems, I'd think it's worth a try
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Malcolm.....Do you want a slap?!!
Yes please...you know what I like

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top