Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 07:35 PM

Car alarm blues..

My neighbour fitted a car alarm before Christmas and it reguarly goes off. Last night at 2.32 am and again at 3, 37am leaving me feeling exhausted before I even got up.

My OH has had words about it but the man claims he has been to the garage and they have fixed it..(not true)
My neighbour said when she challanged him about it he told her it wasnt coming from his car and blamed someone else.

Ive reported it to the council now and asked if they can have a word because its getting to the point where Im hoping someone does nick his car just so I can get a good nights sleep.
Trouble is they want back up from another neighbour and the people around here are not great at actually backing up the moans they have so I might not get anywhere..

I dont think I can take many more broken nights!
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Re: Car alarm blues..

There was one going off opposite our house the other week. It started at 9.30 pm and carried on until 8 am the next morning when I went and banged on the owners door.

She claimed she hadn't heard it as she sleeps on the other side of the house. Anyway, about an hour later the council arrived (having received 4 complaints) and put a notice on the car and also went to see her.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 08:17 PM

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do. When these car alarms are installed separately and do not come originally with the car, they are pretty cheap and quite sensitive. Which means, they will go off at the slightest vibration. A passing car even a thunderstorm will set them off
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 08:21 PM

They can be a pain can't they . My neighbour's son had one which was always activating , I was so relieved when he got rid of the car and someone else had to put up with it .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 07:09 AM

Last night passed peacefully. Im seeing my other neighbour today and I will ask her if she will just confirm the complaint she doesnt have to add anything.

If not Im intending to take positive action. I have to get up at 6,30 am so every time the car alarm wakes me my first job that morning will be to go and wake up the offending neighbour. Hopefully they will get sick of me banging on the door at 6,30 and turn the damn thing off!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:01 AM

You could always ring your local Environmental Health Dept Cass. I had to do that with a very noisy neighbour. It meant keeping dates and times for a while which i did but then the EHD put a stop to it.
Cass
NL

06-02-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
You could always ring your local Environmental Health Dept Cass. I had to do that with a very noisy neighbour. It meant keeping dates and times for a while which i did but then the EHD put a stop to it.
The local guy phoned me back but as I say they wont approach the culprit if its just one complaint.
Ive got to get the neighbour to back up her verbal complaint.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top