Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Silver Surfers' Day

Yes, today is Silver Surfers' Day and it's been going since 2001, I must admit I didn't know we were recognised this way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10126880.stm

I wonder if they'll bring out A Silver Surfers' Day greeting card for us next!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 08:00 PM

Re: Silver Surfers' Day

I saw that on telly the other night! Our local community centre has classes and it is amazing the amount of really golden oldies who are going to it to learn how to use a pc! Last year, the council were giving away computers (donated by local business, which they had no use for any more and the council had the reconditioned) - lots of people got one, including some of the golden oldies I was speaking to one elderly man and he was chuffed to bits - he had learnt how to send e-mails, bless him!

I hope they do a follow up of the Silver Surfers' Day

Many thanks for sharing
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes, today is Silver Surfers' Day and it's been going since 2001, I must admit I didn't know we were recognised this way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10126880.stm

Didn't know anything about it either Mags....wonder what we've missed out on?

There seems to be a greeting for everyone and all occasions now, so why not A Silver Surfers' Day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 10:21 PM

Any good designers on here? There's a small gold mine waiting to be made!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 08:41 AM

A bit patronising, isn`t it? or is that just me being a MOG? I work with a couple of women far younger than me who are computer illiterate. And I had to go round and set up a younger friend`s email account recently.
It`s not getting old that makes you gaga - it`s resistance to change.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 10:00 AM

I used to belong to a group ( Should I say Cliche' ) called The Silver Surfers until I found out that they could not take a joke but liked dishing them out.
They knew about Silver Surfers day.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 10:17 AM

Happy Silver Surfers day everyone

At least I can partly join this one as I have a few grey hairs

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top