Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Friday all day today:)

to you All

Hope everyone will enjoy Friday - used to be called Pay Day and I loved it - we stopped work early (worked for Chryslers then) on Fridays and it was good to be free for the weekend!

Take care
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 12:16 PM

Re: Friday all day today:)

"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!" .......

Absolutely gorgeous day here and 21º already.

We have decided to go to Dawlish in Devon for the day tomorrow to get a blow of sea air and maybe a clotted cream tea

Have a good day and enjoy the weekend, everyone
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Afternoon Rose and all . . . . what a day, very humid and the news on TV is just as bad . . have a safe one OFFers.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Hi, all. Beautiful day here: sunshine and finally warming; it's 25 C (78 F) now before lunch! My weather. To the market and liquor store, plan on bamboo and vine whacking in the jungle, erm, the back garden this afternoon if the mosquitoes aren't too bad.

Pay day??? Oh yes, I remember that, way back when

Have a great Friday!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Happy Friday for some, ( the workers ), but for us retired people it is business as usual.
Hot and no air, wish there was a breeze outside, in the car wonderful, nice 15 degrees with cool air flowing.
Enjoy it everyone.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Friday still sometimes seems like `chip van day`. tag to `do you remember`

Friday-finish school, get home just after 4 and on my bike to Stewartby for a swim(late summer term obviously).

Back in time to meet the chip van around six . Cod and six penneth please mister. Fourty four years later I still love to see a chip van
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Friday still sometimes seems like `chip van day`. tag to `do you remember`

Friday-finish school, get home just after 4 and on my bike to Stewartby for a swim(late summer term obviously).

Back in time to meet the chip van around six . Cod and six penneth please mister. Fourty four years later I still love to see a chip van
Never bothered about the Chip van, I lived in a chip shop.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 05:39 PM

I lived in a chip shop.

OMG-he lived in `trade`? My MIL was a right snotty cow-when she heard her daughter was leaving her husband to live with someone whose family owned a grocery shop in their past she was horrified.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

21-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I lived in a chip shop.

OMG-he lived in `trade`? My MIL was a right snotty cow-when she heard her daughter was leaving her husband to live with someone whose family owned a grocery shop in their past she was horrified.
Yep and my favourite meal is still, Steak pudding, fish, chips and mushy peas.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

21-05-2010, 06:03 PM

and mushy peas.

there is just something about them. I can open an oyster,I know my way around a few styles of cooking-but a plate of mushy peas is something I reserve for myself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top