Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:43 PM

Freedom

Just come back from a long walk round the local Country Park with the Dog, much to my delight didn't see a soul, the thought did occur to me that when the Missus takes the Dog out, she would not dream of taking her to such an isolated place. Are women aware that the fear of such situations deprives them of this great sense of Freedom and isolation?

Much prefer being a Bloke under these circumstances.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:56 PM

Re: Freedom

Yes it does stop us doing lots of things.
I'm not so bothered now, I think "what the heck..." but when I was young I wanted to travel on my own but was too scared.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:57 PM

It does - I used to love isolated places not so sure now
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:59 PM

Tricky-what more can a single male who does not do marshal arts say?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just come back from a long walk round the local Country Park with the Dog, much to my delight didn't see a soul, the thought did occur to me that when the Missus takes the Dog out, she would not dream of taking her to such an isolated place. Are women aware that the fear of such situations deprives them of this great sense of Freedom and isolation?

Much prefer being a Bloke under these circumstances.
Paul in the day I walk the fields where I know there are no humans to spoil my walk, total freedom and isolation except for my dog and the sheep.
At night I go down a deserted lane past the churchyard, the dead don't say a lot, more isolation.
The only place I feel afraid is when walking in a city surrounded by humans .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 07:04 PM

Wouldn't bother me, I'm a black belt in origami
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 07:04 PM

I don't think it's anything to do with freedom per se.
It's more to do with fear ... We all have the freedom to go anywhere we wish any time but we fear the possible but remote consequences.
I NEVER venture out of the safety of my home in the evenings I believe it is far too dangerous.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 07:07 PM

How times change-as a child I would walk the fields,the game keeper may say-don`t walk where I say do not walk. The only place I feared abuse was where most would call home
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 07:10 PM

I would never go out alone to walk in the evenings now.
Years ago it was safe & as a teenager & a bit younger I was always out on my bike or walking during the day, I never went out night times alone, even then though.

If I did have to walk nights, say with a dog, I would make sure it was a Doberman or similar breed trained to protect me.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

04-02-2016, 07:15 PM

To be scared or not-say I was out walking along the river and I saw a lady in front of me. Do I hang back (why is he hanging back) or speed up with an hello as I pass? and then slow down as the pace is too much. This is where a dog comes in-say hello ,get a lick from the dog,and walk on with a stranger having a chat. And I am a cat person lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top