Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 03:09 PM

Men only?

Well I assume men.

Has anyone ever been to a barber?-and not for a haircut or `something for the weekend` but a shave.

I`m sat here with a two day stubble and really cannot be bothered to shave again today. It got me thinking what it would be like to go to a barber??.

And yes I have had a beard before but now it would be all salt and pepper
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 03:15 PM

Re: Men only?

A younger git with beard-just after Jenny moved in-1984

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 04:30 PM

Never been to a barbers for a shave but I once knew a bloke who went from time to time. He said a shave done by a barber using a cut-throat razor would last two days instead of one. I went in with him once and watched it being done. You really have got to trust the barber!

I had a full beard for many years. I shaved it off about 15 years ago and never grew it back. I've been a bit lazy about shaving ever since having a beard though. I sometimes don't shave on a Sunday or if I'm not going anywhere. I'm sure it would be all salt, rather than salt and pepper, if I grew one now.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

18-05-2010, 04:45 PM

You really have got to trust the barber!

True-I guess Sweeny Todd and sons would be one to avoid?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Naturally this post caught my eye and had to read it! Nice to see you and Jenny, So, are you going to try the barber or grow the beard again, salt and pepper and all, or no?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 08:32 PM

A friend of mine works for a Gent's hairdresser and she shaves some of the men who go in for a short back and sides and a shave!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 08:41 PM

I love my o/h's beard.. Its almost all salt with a streak of pepper as a distant reminder lol Its one of those very short bordering on designer ones and is very strokable & sexy!!!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 10:20 PM

I don't shave everyday, in fact I only shave when it starts to irritate me.

I was always told that shaving everyday will only encourage quicker growth (and is actually bad for you) - and that you should allow a 5-day growth cycle to complete at least once a month.

Try it? Don't shave until it starts to itch or irritate you. For me that's every 3 or 4 days. I never ever shave everyday now since I've been working from home.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2010, 07:50 PM

There's an Asian barber round the corner that does cut throat razor shaves - I am not brave enough to let anyone near my throat with a razor, especially a cut throat.

I have a goatee and hate shaving but look stupid with a full beard - too itchy.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 07:57 AM

I would never dream of asking the Barber for a shave.I prefer to shave myself every morning.

I dont like beards as I think that people wearing them are hiding something.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top