Join for free
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2010, 07:50 AM

One of those weeks...

In the space of a few days my washing machine has packed up, the big lawnmower still won't start and the motor on the little Flymo - hardly used - has burned out, and I've run out of heating oil. This morning I took out the last carton of milk which should last me until Monday, to find it a week out of date.
I'm now figuring out how to fix the washer, dug out a thick jumper and am drinking squash watching the grass grow...
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2010, 07:56 AM

Re: One of those weeks...

Oh dear. I do believe these things have an inbuilt expiry date forcing us to keep buying new products. I hope you can get them fixed (except the milk - throw that out).
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2010, 08:10 AM

Yep the milk was slung and that's about all I have money for to buy replacements... and the dogs' vetbed is piling up!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Oh dear, wasn't your week! Everything happens in three's but in your case 4's!! Hope you get it all sorted out and hope the grass doesn't grow to high!

Hope you enjoy your Saturday
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland

15-05-2010, 08:46 AM

Thanks, I've found a good website about washing machine repairs so I'll give it a go... that's the most crucial problem right now as the nearest launderette is about 15 miles away and I am trying to conserve petrol. It's annoying that cheap washing machines like mine have no removeable filter and the amount of vetbed I wash, I expect the pump or the drain hose is blocked. Perhaps I'll discover a new career option as my current qualifications are getting me nowhere and I'm out of work now since May 2007...
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2010, 09:23 AM

Oh poor you what a rotten series of events. I rent my washing machine after a huge quote to repair & no funds to buy another. Hope you get sorted.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2010, 10:24 AM

If you're clothes are not 'dirty' - just hanging them up on the washing line near fragrant flowers will revitalise them
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland

15-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Ah well Azz, I have an acre of wild bog so no fragrant flowers and no washing line, plus most of the washing is vetbed!
Anyway... THE WASHING MACHINE IS FIXED!!!! (At least I think so)
Blockage in the pump impeller... one benefit of having a cheap washer is that it is remarkably primitive engineering wise so fairly easy to fix although getting the thing upright again after the "repair" was a bit of an effort!
I have a test run on the go now so we'll see what happens when it tries to pump out...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top