Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 05:06 PM

Brown stands down

Who do you think is the best person to take his place?
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Re: Brown stands down

Has he gone then? does that mean we now have a government?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 06:20 PM

It was the right thing to do. Wonder who will take his place! whoever it is, least it will be someone voted in by their party.

With regards to your question Galty, I'm not sure who - but I think possible candidates are Alan Johnson (who I think ruled it out a few days ago?) Harriet Harman, and David Miliband.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 06:22 PM

He will still be there until a new Labour leader is voted in by the Labour Party members. How long he will be in No 10 I believe depends on the talks between Labour and Liberal Democrats, who have not made a deal as yet with the Tories, or if they (the Lib Dems) throw their hat in and share the bed with Tories.

At least that's how I think it goes - someone else here will probably know better thank I do
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Gordon Brown is the lowest of the low.
I have always thought so and now he has proved it.

He is trying to disrupt a LibDem/Tory coalition pact and he is disrupting the Labour party by saying he will resign which will now put labour member against labour member if a fight for the leadership of the party.

At a time when this country needs everyone to pull together Gordon Brown is doing as he always has, putting slef before everything else. This is politics at its dirtiest.

The most important thing for this country is getting the ecconomy back on the straight and narrow.

IMO Brown is not worth the area of land that he takes up.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Gosh you really don't like him do you!

I think he's doing the right thing - it's in the best interest of his party and the country.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 08:17 PM

And I dont like him either.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Gosh you really don't like him do you!

I think he's doing the right thing - it's in the best interest of his party and the country.
Azz, Brown never does anything that is not inhis own interest, never has done.

He makes my blood boil. He is being his usual bullying distructive self. Now he has said he will resign, IF, it is clear that it is in the interest of the country.

No bully boy, you mean if it does not suit you, you will disrupt it for everyone and create Chaos.

LibDems/Tory party's were getting close to a coalition deal and Brown did not like that as it means he will be out of power so he then does what Nick Clegg wanted to make a deal with Labour so that the Tory,s will not get into power.
He makes conditions, as all bully's do, he will go IF it is clear that it is in the interests of the country BUT it will be in 4 months time when it suits him.

Any PM/Leader of a party who has resigned in the past history of our country has done so with his suit case in his hands. Not this lieing toad though, he has to do it HIS way or not at all.

Mind you Nick Clegg is two faced, he has said that he would not deal with Labour whilst Brown is there. Hey, Nick, he is still there and will be when/if you make a deal.

Sorry folks but I hate the man, he is just like his mate Jack Straw who I know personally, a two faced lieing B******.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2010, 08:10 AM

I do so agree with you AB, he's only stepped down so libs do a deal with lab. I think its disgusting, the people of England have already shown they want Tory, its only Scotland and Wales that differ, why can't we have our own parliament and the government we want. Which isn't labour or lib dem. It seems Tory won the most votes but lib dem hold the power, no, not right at all.I voted UKIP BTW so not biased, unless of course you may question why so many tragic things have happened to them, but that is another story.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

12-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Browns colours shown through again.

He resigns from office, to be implemented in 4 months time, IF, then he resigns immediately and says he is going out of politics and hoping to do somthing in Charity work.

Now he has said that he is staying as an MP.

This man is so self centred that he does not know what to do, he is searching for something that can create chaos in parliament but does not yet know what it is.

Brown go and help the canibals in some far off land.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top