Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:31 PM

Toenails vs Fingernails

Why is it we can cut our fingernails at a curve - but if we do that with toenails we are inclined to get ingrown toenails ...........?
Why's that .......?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:36 PM

Re: Toenails vs Fingernails

I cut my toe nails in a curve too Patsy and I don't get ingrowing toe nails
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I cut my toe nails in a curve too Patsy and I don't get ingrowing toe nails
Fabs does - its a bind it is - been going on far too long even though I make sure he cuts them straight
Must be 'im He's not perfect afterall
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:43 PM

I don't know to be honest Patsy, but I do know toenails are a useless addition to our feet and a bugger to cut, if God was going to leave the toenails on when we came down from clinging to the trees he should have left the long arms on us as well so we could get easy access to our toenails when cutting them, I think he slipped up on that one.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I don't know to be honest Patsy, but I do know toenails are a useless addition to our feet and a bugger to cut, if God was going to leave the toenails on when we came down from clinging to the trees he should have left the long arms on us as well so we could get easy access to our toenails when cutting them, I think he slipped up on that one.

So right Jem - We're not made right ya know .........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2016, 04:47 PM

Why can't you get clippers with a rubber handle for better grip
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Fabs does - its a bind it is - been going on far too long even though I make sure he cuts them straight
Must be 'im He's not perfect afterall
I know what you mean, when I cut hubby"s toenails always go in a straight line. I "m good like that.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:58 PM

Why is it we can cut our fingernails at a curve - but if we do that with toenails we are inclined to get ingrown toenails ...........?
Why's that .......?
My assumption is that because shoes press against your toes from the sides, doing their best to roll your toenails, then it seems logical that a straight cut offers more resistance simply because there is more broad surface to resist the pressure. However, that shoe pressure can actually change genetic toenail growth, I doubt that very much. Fingernails aren't subjected to any pressure from any angle.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2016, 05:01 PM

I'm a bit confused - have you contradicted yerself there ..........
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 05:04 PM

Why's that .......?
I believe that it doesn't make any difference how you cut toenails, Patsy. If you are going to get ingrown nails you will get them however you cut them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top