Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:27 PM

Hats

Whenever i see an old movie i always think how nice the men looked in their Trilby hats such a shame they went out of fashion also the ladies didn't they wear some lovely hats?
Yes people certainly dressed so much better in days gone by.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:30 PM

Re: Hats

I wish more people dressed up - my Dad always wore a trilby when out and about - I wear hats now too
When you see old clips on TV - have you seen the little boys in braces and cloth caps, they look so cute - now its hoodies ..........
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:35 PM

Patsy another thing i really hate to see are little boys with shaved heads they look so thuggish. Why do parents do this to their little children?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:35 PM

I love hats! I have several, some are plain, some have feathers, some have octipodes!
That's one of the lovely things about Steampunk most of us wear hats!
Love a man in a topper, bowler, homburg etc. they set of a beard really well!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Patsy another thing i really hate to see are little boys with shaved heads they look so thuggish. Why do parents do this to their little children?
That's what I mean Doc - its not about looking good its about having an image - hard
Just glad to have been born when I was, so much good stuff to look back on and cherish and I'm still the same as I was then
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:47 PM

This is done in many countries and the reason as to why young boys have their head shaved on a regular basis is to thicken it so that they will have a good head of hair ,
indenial
Lincolnshire UK
indenial is female 

01-02-2016, 07:49 PM

My dad always wore a flat cap to work, and a trilby the rest of the time.And when I was little every town had a milliners.

I just wear a huge straw hat if it's hot, and a sort of flying hat thing when it's cold. I probably look stupid but it's warm and I don't care!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Whenever i see an old movie i always think how nice the men looked in their Trilby hats such a shame they went out of fashion also the ladies didn't they wear some lovely hats?
Yes people certainly dressed so much better in days gone by.
I agree DOC, I see you wear a hat in your picture. Very nifty too. Do you wear it when you are out and about in Norfolk?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 08:07 PM

I wear a flat cap every day, unless the weather turns too cold or too hot.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 08:35 PM

Just look at an old black and white film and all the men have hats, you weren't properly dressed if you hadn't got one. If you want to get ahead-get a hat, that's what they used to say.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top