Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:14 PM

Hard

Seen a few "Hard" folks, most weren't stronger or tougher than anyone else, some were quite scrawny, what made them Hard was they had no conception of the self, or their own longevity, negotiating with such folk can be tricky.
Has anyone had to negotiate with a "Hard" person.

Inspired by Clumsy's thread.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:27 PM

Re: Hard

Not really known anyone "hard" as such but do know I can call on someone to "sort" any trouble out if some should come my way.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:30 PM

Not really,but there is always some one who is harder.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:39 AM

I think the most dangerous are those that do not worry about dying. They fight without regard for the consequences or outcome but to simply win. If you show fear then you will more than likely lose straight away.

I'm not hard or anything but I used to be insanely fit. I stood up to 5 big strapping drunken blokes when a lifeguard in a backwater swimming pool where everyone bar me had buggered off because they were known for being trouble - manager - everyone. I was a right nutter at that time and into karate apart from being a damn good runner and swimmer - in other words I was super fit. I stood up to all of them and told them to get out and waited for any to make a move. None did and they backed down and left.

I apologised to them as they went to their transit van as I thought I scared them too much. I was willing to die if need be and in a way I liked the feeling. Kinda liberating. Nothing mattered bar for that moment. Never had any trouble from anyone when I was a lifeguard as everyone was afraid of me. I weighed less than 10 stone at that time .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I stood up to 5 big strapping drunken blokes when a lifeguard in a backwater swimming pool where everyone bar me had buggered off because they were known for being trouble - manager - everyone. I stood up to all of them and told them to get out and waited for any to make a move. None did and they backed down and left.

I apologised to them as they went to their transit van as I thought I scared them too much. I was willing to die if need be and in a way I liked the feeling. Kinda liberating. Nothing mattered bar for that moment. Never had any trouble from anyone when I was a lifeguard as everyone was afraid of me. I weighed less than 10 stone at that time .

Wow ... you sound great

We single women need guys like you to look after us
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Wow ... you sound great
We single women need guys like you to look after us
Too bloody old now .

Or maybe not. Still as much of a nutter as I ever was.

Obviously a screw loose somewhere .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 09:43 AM

I've found that a lot of people who had a reputation of being hard was just that, a reputation, most of it was built on hearsay an myth with abit of bravado thrown in , although I've known a few that I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of though ..... Me, I'm a lover not a fighter
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Come across a couple - they were mentally challenged - not a full shilling - no common sense - priorities all wrong
No, you can't converse with these types - they are blinkered

Spitty - check the Good morning thread re - tiles
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:15 PM

The one's to worry about are the quiet one's that sit by themselves in pubs etc and just take in the surroundings and keep their mouth shut.
Yes they are the one's to avoid.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

Obviously a screw loose somewhere .
Eh ? Only one is it ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top