Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 05:45 PM

old git rants

The thread for you to complain about things trivial but that annoy you when bored with other matters..

Today I did some shopping while my wife went to the Post Ofiice.

Outside the supermarket I spied one chap in the `dropping off` bay reading his paper.

I also saw at least two cars park in the disabled bays and they strolled into the supermarket-a cunning investigation showed no stickers.

And a woman with NO children parked in a Parents and Toddlers space.

Is this the world we want??

Rant away
welshgit
llanybydder, wales
welshgit is male  welshgit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 07:07 PM

Re: old git rants

Hello old git, I'm welshgitI'm new

and I've just seen we still have Gordon Brown spouting rubbish on the TV, almost spilled my cider
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 07:17 PM

almost spilled my cider

Cider!!! that`s another thing,why tax something that is the product of English orchards??

Just because some `yoofs` cannot handle it- Five pints of scrumpy and my brain just sings..
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 07:33 PM

God, don't get me started on ranting, I'll never stop!!

Welcome welshgit
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 07:50 PM

People rustling pop corn bags and talking in the cinema. Grrrr. Explains why I wait for DVD release of films I want to see.
welshgit
llanybydder, wales
welshgit is male  welshgit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Cinema, can't remember the last time I went to one

We went to see Catrin Finch @ Brecon Jazz a couple of years back, not too expensive considering the talent on stage

Last year Catrin was one of the acts who played (probably for free) at a local hotel at a "fun day" for charity. Admission was £1.00 and that was the only charge, everything else was free and it was up to folk to decide if they wanted to buy anything of the numerous local crafts on display, no pressure just a really relaxed day.
What really spoiled the day was when Catrin performed, a world class harpist about to embark on a world tour, a few individuals talked continually throughout her gig.................................i never said anything tho.......honest
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 09:49 PM

Welcome. welshgit!

I can rant on and on about people who mangle our beautiful language. I don't know how bad it is in the UK, but apparently no one here on TV can pronounce Arctic or February ... everyone says Arr-tic and Feb -you-ary; sets my teeth on edge! Bah! I am a crochety old lady!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

08-05-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Welcome. welshgit!

I can rant on and on about people who mangle our beautiful language. I don't know how bad it is in the UK, but apparently no one here on TV can pronounce Arctic or February ... everyone says Arr-tic and Feb -you-ary; sets my teeth on edge! Bah! I am a crochety old lady!
I know what you mean Eileen. It is people that say 'fink' instead of 'think' and 'elf' instead of 'health'. It really gets me going.

Another one - people who insist on an aisle seat on a plane and then promptly go to sleep for the whole journey!!!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 09:08 AM

This thread should be Grumpy old men and women.

I wouldn't know where to start, there is so much that I find annoying. My OH constantly moaning about pronounciation, I tell him language is a living thing that is constantly evolving or we would still be saying thee and thou that winds him up even more

At the moment its dog walkers at our park who bag it and chuck it, sometimes into trees WHY. As a fellow dog walker I find that so annoying as it reflects on us all.

We regularly have complaints about it, as usual it is the minority spoiling it for the majority.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

08-05-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
My OH constantly moaning about pronounciation, I tell him language is a living thing that is constantly evolving or we would still be saying thee and thou

Some of us native Yorkshire folk still do use thee and thou (pronounced tha)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top