Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:14 PM

Lotto winner

A Lottery winner who should have shared half of the £33million prize because the ticket went into the washing machine and is a bit hard to read but you can make out the winning numbers

They will not pay her out.

You have to be sad for this poor old Grandmother who is up in court for next week for theft.

Had to chuckle today after two weeks the real winner came forward

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-found-7263946
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:20 PM

Re: Lotto winner

I saw that on the news tonight galty.

Probably a dumb question, but I wonder what would have happened if they had paid the other old gal, then the real one stepped forward? Would the wrong have to give the money back, or would the lottery people have to write it off as their own fault?

It's like, on a much smaller scale of course, if a shop gave you too much change, could they demand it back?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:27 PM

The old gal should now be charged with fraud! She knew she didnt have the winning ticket..she was trying it on and it got her 15 mins of fame ...Im glad the true winner has now come forward ...hope they can enjoy their winnings now.
They have opted for anonymity but how long that will be for who knows but good luck to them
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I saw that on the news tonight galty.

Probably a dumb question, but I wonder what would have happened if they had paid the other old gal, then the real one stepped forward? Would the wrong have to give the money back, or would the lottery people have to write it off as their own fault?

It's like, on a much smaller scale of course, if a shop gave you too much change, could they demand it back?
Think if they had Paid her out down to them it would then have to be argued in civil court who was right.

In this case Grannie could be facing another court case over this with a max sentence of 10 years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:49 PM

Well if she was deliberately trying to defraud, I wouldn't have alot of sympathy for her I'm afraid.
Money does funny things to some folks don't it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

28-01-2016, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well if she was deliberately trying to defraud, I wouldn't have alot of sympathy for her I'm afraid.
Money does funny things to some folks don't it.
It was stated the winning ticket holder came forward.

IF True then this poor old (39)grandmother was trying to defraud.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 11:07 PM

sounds as if you feel sorry for the old grannie Galty?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

28-01-2016, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
sounds as if you feel sorry for the old grannie Galty?
NO way hozay

Would like this dirty little scumbag benifit cheat to be burnt at the stake.:twisted ::twi sted:
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:55 AM

They wouldn't have paid out straightaway, I read, but would still observe the 180 day rule allowed for claimants to come forward.

Anything could have prevented the true winner from claiming immediately. Probably still in a state of shock.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2016, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
They wouldn't have paid out straightaway, I read, but would still observe the 180 day rule allowed for claimants to come forward.

Anything could have prevented the true winner from claiming immediately. Probably still in a state of shock.
More than likely Jazzi...certainly a life changing event for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top