Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 08:32 AM

Cold weather

Anybody else suffer from the cold like I do? I still have to have my heating on albeit low, my house is so draughty even though I have all the necessary insulation. I face NorthWest and when it blows, it blows, right through my house, friends don't bother taking their coats off when they visit as the vent in the wall blows enough air to inflate a balloon. Roll on Summer and may it be a long one.:_))
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 08:45 AM

Re: Cold weather

Hi there SM. I certainly feel the cold more than my OH but this house is quite warm , can't you cover up the vent? or is it needed. I've covered all of them in my house, anyone know why they are absolutely necessary ? Its not as if houses are sealed tight without any air. I've often wondered what the need is.
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 10:02 AM

The Council go nuts and take all the covers off when they do their annual check. They say it is needed because I have a Gas fire, even though I have also got a carbon monoxide alarm, it does make a difference when they are covered at least I don't get a stiff neck!
I am keeping them on and before they do their check I will remove them , hehe!
As soon as I open the curtains you can feel the cold air- probably badly fitted DG and I can hear the wind blowing through the front door, it gets quite eerie.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 12:06 PM

We have a Norse wind here today and the heatings on here too . . . it's freezing.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 02:42 AM

I detest the cold weather! My house is old and not well insulated; always chilly in Winter even with the boiler going full blast!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 08:55 AM

My house is cold too. I put on an extra jumper and keep a little storage heater on in the spare bedroom for the plants I have started early. My two little furry radiators keep me warm too (aka dogs) when they snuggle up to me.
welshgit
llanybydder, wales
welshgit is male  welshgit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 10:09 AM

After having a problem with one of my lungs a couple of years back I dread the cold

Never mind, been raining a fair bit lately so I guess it's Summer now anyway
scrabblemad
leicester uk

08-05-2010, 12:05 PM

It gets damned expensive too. I did not expect to have the heating on in May!
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 05:46 PM

I've got a heavy curtain I can pull over the front door but I need to get one on the dog flap, when the wind is an easterly it blows it open, that creates a draft in the nether regions. It froze over in the winter and Monty banged it so hard with his nose it flew off. The door not his nose.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 07:27 PM

All this talk about global warming and the ice cap melting!, well they could have fooled me. It's nearly the middle of May and I'm still freezing. You spend all the Winter waiting for a decent Summer which never seems to come and when it does
it's winter again!
PS. I couldn't help noticing how well the Members write, very impressive. Good luck and good health to all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top