Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:24 PM

Hurray!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

'Traditionally submissive Muslim women' say who us? -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35403106

Don't you love this????
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:32 PM

Re: Hurray!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

I like it .. I really do. What feisty women. Good for them for their achievements.

What a pity they only seem to have done it to direct their scorn at Cameron because of his comments...

Still a good result Dave,
if that was what he intended... or not.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:51 PM

Good to see these incredibly smart women have their say. I live close by one of the few public "selective" high schools, children have to pass a special exam to get in. As I'm driving by, I see all the children waiting for the bus after school and it's hard to spot the Aussie, I would guess at least 80 per cent of these kids are Asian. Doesn't say much about our lot, does it?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:53 PM

Can't say I like this. Same issues I have with certain people on this forum in that they fail to see the bigger picture. Just because 'they' have been able to voice their opinions and progress in life doesn't mean the majority of their fellow women have also. A much more responsible reply would be something along the lines of: "I wish ALL women who follow my belief can have the chances I have had and Cameron's proposals will help".

I consider these women rather selfish in their attitudes and also dangerous in that they give the mistaken view to many others that all is well in the world of Muslim women, which we all know isn't the case.

Why is it I only see these things? They stand out like a sore thumb to me.

Odd ...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:56 PM

I see what you're getting at MKJ ... that's why I mentioned how it seemed like they'd done it to scorn Dave Cameron.

It has made me curious what careers Muslim ladies opt for though ..as I have no idea.
It would seem to be the 'caring professions' ... I wonder how many become hairdressers or beauticians or enter traditionally male dominated professions?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:33 AM

You have to admire them but they're the exception rather than the rule!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:42 AM

Maybe I've been a bit over critical after all I suppose these women could be seen as role models. If others see such women being so successful they will wonder why they can't also - though I suppose they would have to be able to read first to appreciate them ; then again there is word of mouth ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Maybe I've been a bit over critical after all I suppose these women could be seen as role models. If others see such women being so successful they will wonder why they can't also - though I suppose they would have to be able to read first to appreciate them ; then again there is word of mouth ...
Its a thought - will make an impression on some, especially the younger ones
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:57 AM

Hi

There are many successful Muslim Women here in the UK, not just in the professions, but also in business.

However they are not the issue, the issue is the small number of Radicals who have such a disproportionate effect on our society.

I find it very sad that we have around 1% who cannot speak English, and to be honest, these are the ones who are the most downtrodden and who are brought into the UK as brides and family members and who are actively discouraged by the males from learning English.

All credit to Cameron for addressing this issue, it was one raised by the Muslims themselves.

I would personally like all Immigrants, not just, Muslims, to have to be able to speak English within a reasonable time of being here.

Other Countries do it, and actually reduce benefits if this is not achieved.

If you cannot speak the language, you cannot contribute effectively to the economy of your host Country.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 08:43 AM

Is it really only 1%?

Of course many can speak (some) English but choose not to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top