Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Are there any motorcyclists on here?

Past or present?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 09:17 PM

Re: Are there any motorcyclists on here?

I was a motorcyclist, I had to be mum and dad worked at the Triumph motorcycle company for over 20 years till it closed.
I had 2 triumphs a cub and a thunderbird with double Watsonian sidecar attached.
My last bike went when I was 50, I used a Honda super dream for some years before hanging my helmet up.
I would have a Harley Davidson now at 77 if her indoors would agree.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 09:23 PM

I had a Triumph Huntmaster fantastic bike also Tiger Cubs, Ariel Leader. I actually started of with a BSA Bantam. No scooters no way, bloody Mods i was a Rocker great days they were.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I was a motorcyclist, I had to be mum and dad worked at the Triumph motorcycle company for over 20 years till it closed.
I had 2 triumphs a cub and a thunderbird with double Watsonian sidecar attached.
My last bike went when I was 50, I used a Honda super dream for some years before hanging my helmet up.
I would have a Harley Davidson now at 77 if her indoors would agree.
Respect, the days of the Superdream, x7, RD250 and KH250 bring back many happy memories, before the 125 learner restriction was introduced.

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I had a Triumph Huntmaster fantastic bike also Tiger Cubs, Ariel Leader. I actually started of with a BSA Bantam. No scooters no way, bloody Mods i was a Rocker great days they were.
My dad had a BSA Goldstar and a Triumph Speedtwin, both 500cc. He was one of the fastest riders in the area(Halifax)apparently. I remember him having them as I grew up. Now he was a rocker, greased back DA, a rather striking figure in his leather jacket and drainpipe jeans.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 09:58 PM

I used to have a Honda 50, hardly a Davidson.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I used to have a Honda 50, hardly a Davidson.
You nearly hit the nail on the head, the Harley is known as the Hardly Davidson, hardly rideable.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 10:39 PM

I was one for years. Had the X7 and Superdream.
Moved on to the monster Honda Cbx 1000 6 cylinder.

Always liked the Kawasaki Z750 , but never owned one in the end.

Most recent bike was the Suzuki SV650s - handling was brilliant.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:16 PM

Passed my test on a Honda 50 in the days when that qualified you to ride what you liked.
Although I went straight into Mini's I always had a passion to ride a decent machine.
And so it was on a holiday in Crete back in the nineties that I hired a Virago and toured the Island.
After that every holiday consisted of hiring a bike...The only way to tour.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:29 PM

We have a Suzuki GSX1400 that we ride around England and the Isle of Man, that's where we go in the summer months for the Manx Grand Prix. We also have a Suzuki GSXR1100 and just bought a BSA Bantam 1961 model for my husband to nip to work on...
I don't ride a bike but ride pillion with my hubby..

In the early 80's i had a Honda 50 that was good to get off at the lights, but after that it ran sluggish it wasn't fast like the big bikes i like..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2016, 11:51 PM

Love going to the IOM, especially for the TT.
We try to go at other times if we can, just to enjoy the country/mountain roads and lack of speed limits, where suitably quiet.

Suzuki 1400 is a great bike with stonking motor.

@fender, yep the sv's are sublime handlers if set up right.

I have a Fireblade reserved, can't wait, happy days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top