Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Petition to stop Prvate car park companies

Issuing disproportionate charges in car parks.

If you agree please sign the petition.

I am so surprised that there are so few signatures, unless of course it is a recent campaign.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...signatures/new

Stop private parking companies charging disproportionate penalties in car parks

I have a vested interested, having been issued a ticket earlier on in the week, which I have kicked up a fuss about and have already had the offer to have it rescinded by a health trust.

That's not good enough. The stress and anger it has caused me.

Did anyone else know that when you go to hospital you are on private land?
I thought that I was reasonably aware but I had no idea of this..

I parked on double yellow lines and my blue badge was correctly displayed.
I parked in what could easily have been a parking bay for one car if yellow lines had not been painted and was causing no obstruction whatsoever to either other motor vehicles or to passing pedestrians.

The car parking company involved is Park Solve though you make payment to Civil Enforcement Limited.

£35 within 14 days or £70 within 28 days.

No signs were displayed showing the parking restrictions.

To pay the fine you can do so by email, phone or post.

To appeal you can only do so in writing!

The hospital is part of the
Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust

The petition was started on 16th November 2015
8357 signatures
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 11:43 AM

Re: Petition to stop Prvate car park companies

When I was in our local hospital there were car parking charges. However if you were an "in" patient with a car in the car park for several days the hospital if asked would obtain an exemption for you. Don't forget If a hospital car park is near a town charging may prevent shoppers from using it. Also part of the charge goes to the hospital.

Just the other side of the coin to balance things up

With our local hospital you paid at the barrier via a token obtained inside the hospital entrances
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Know how you feel! My daughter gota £60 fine because we overstayed the time limit in a shopping centre carpark also our local large Co -op has a private company running their carpark that are fining people with children for using child only spaces! They're a law unto themselves! Hospitals especially should not use them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 12:02 PM

I don't disagree with what has been said, the only thing is buyer beware. if unsure about private parking regulations then park somewhere else or stick to the regulations and nothing will happen
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 12:09 PM

They put the ticket in the nearside corner of my windscreen, held in place by the tip of my windscreen wiper.
I approached my car from the rear and never noticed it.
If I had I would have searched around for other cars which had been similarly ticketed and I would have left my contact details.
Having more than one complainant with the same experience strengthens your case.
My grandson spotted it about 8 hours later when he got in the car to go to the cinema with me.
If I had had cause to use my windscreen wipers on the way home from the hospital it would have blown away and I would not have been any the wiser until I received the county court judgement against me.

The hospital is nowhere near a town or shopping centre, though there are housing estates in the nearby vicinity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 12:11 PM

Our local hospital only charged me £1 last week when I had my breast screening appointment I can't complain about that, when we went to the Royal Surrey we didn't have a chance to park the car park was full so we parked next door in tesco car park, I think if they charged us it would have been fair dos as we didn't shop there just pinched a parking space.
Browbeaten
manchester

24-01-2016, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Know how you feel! My daughter gota £60 fine because we overstayed the time limit in a shopping centre carpark also our local large Co -op has a private company running their carpark that are fining people with children for using child only spaces! They're a law unto themselves! Hospitals especially should not use them.
Too late now TessA, but pass on this link.
Very informative and indeed eye-opening.

www.parkingcowboys.co.uk
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 12:27 PM

Signed
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 02:15 PM

I don't have a problem with the fines, if I overstay it's my fault.
The fines have to be a deterrent to stop people using the car park for other means, ie a visit to the local shops?

you say you parked on double yellow lines? Hospitals usually place these because the roads are restricted width, two cars parked opposite could cause ambulances loss of valuable time, trucks delivering fuels or gases may be denied reasonable access, fire engines too, etc.

Just because you're a badge holder doesn't exempt you from obeying rules. A
Browbeaten
manchester

24-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't have a problem with the fines, if I overstay it's my fault.
The fines have to be a deterrent to stop people using the car park for other means, ie a visit to the local shops?

you say you parked on double yellow lines? Hospitals usually place these because the roads are restricted width, two cars parked opposite could cause ambulances loss of valuable time, trucks delivering fuels or gases may be denied reasonable access, fire engines too, etc.

Just because you're a badge holder doesn't exempt you from obeying rules. A
Read my original post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top