Join for free
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 08:23 PM

Vintage

I was wondering if any of you have pieces of clothing that you favour over others in your wardrobe...and why? Do you wear some items to death and will hate it when you have to part with it or it becomes worn out?
If I find something thats comfy and fits well I tend to live in it..it becomes a "vintage" item of clothing lol
What are your "vintage" items...an how old are they(if you dare tell us) lol?

Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 08:31 PM

Re: Vintage

I have a pair of Dr Martins antique brown had them since 1980 still wearable and must admit they are like an old friend and when the day comes they will get a decent burial not just the wheelie bin. Silly to some of you but thats me. ☺
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 08:36 PM

Vintage boots and shoes are the best Doc ,they end up being like a pair of comfy old slippers ...I bet you wont ever want to give them a decent "burial" if you keep looking after them they can last yrs longer...you might even depart wearing them lol
I have old leather ankle chelsea boots which ive had for yrs ,theyre so comfy I could never part with them
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 09:16 PM

I have a burgundy suede skirt that I wore to my wedding of my late husband. He bought it for me. it is 10 years old. I wore it to his funeral and he wore his wedding suit. Not what we had planned at all but the skirt will always be there in my wardrobe
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 09:19 PM

I have a brown tatty leather quarter length jacket, and an old pair of Levi jeans ,since ive had since i was 18...... And they still fit.........and i still wear them both.............
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 09:22 PM

I have a pair of 1960's Levi runners. They are in denim and although they have been quite well worn they are still quite good. I've not worn them for years but they are very comfy. My grandson is after them at the moment, but I think I want to keep them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top