Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 12:24 PM

All I Want For Spring Is My Own Front Tooth!

Well folks.
Good morning, but I am not very happy at all.
Yesterday evening my Wife said to me...
Would you like a coupla pieces of Toblerone? (You know, the BIG ones)
And of course I wasn't going to refuse that offer.

Anyway, there I was, biting on the very first piece and CRACK! my very front tooth ended up in my ruddy mouth! This was a crown I had done some 3 years ago, and was so lovely it just looked like my natural tooth.

So here I am, with no front tooth trying to eat my breckers,
and not managing very well either, as it feels awful.
No pain. Just awful. So for the moment Ladies, please don't ask me to smile at you, or sorry to say, kiss you. Don't you worry Girls, I am very disappointed as well!

I have only just managed to make a Dentist appointment for next Tuesday. That will likely be a coupla hundred pounds out of my pocket. So an expensive ruddy Toblerone that was!

Right, going out to the shops and stuff soon.

Take Care All.

Kenny

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 01:09 PM

Re: All I Want For Spring Is My Own Front Tooth!

Aww that's not good, hope they can fix it for you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 01:25 PM

That's why I don't eat them BC - a lesson learnt and you will be more careful
Pity we have to learn the hard way - good luck for Tuesday
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 02:20 PM

I do feel sorry for you BC. I have broken two of my back teeth on Granary bread and French sticks in the past and had to have crowns. I was so mad about the Granary bread that I wrote to Sainsburys and they sent me £50 of vouchers!
Will you have to have a new crown or can the existing one be reattached, if it's not damaged?

I bet you look a 'looker' without the tooth! It will seriously damage your 'fancibilty' rating!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Granary bread
Granary bread is a killer I once lost my crown while at work and stuck some dental chewing gum in the hole until I could get to the dentist.

I am careful what I eat now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Granary bread is a killer I once lost my crown while at work and stuck some dental chewing gum in the hole until I could get to the dentist.

I am careful what I eat now.
Meg, You should have told the makers of the bread, like I did!
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 02:31 PM

Yeah, too much testosterone, sorry Toblerone, can be bad for you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2016, 02:32 PM

BC, I have just seen that it was Toblerone that you said you could eat until the cows come home on the thread I started.
I feel a bit guilty now!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 05:37 PM

I do feel sorry for you BC. I have broken two of my back teeth on Granary bread and French sticks in the past and had to have crowns. I was so mad about the Granary bread that I wrote to Sainsburys and they sent me £50 of vouchers!
Will you have to have a new crown or can the existing one be reattached, if it's not damaged?

I bet you look a 'looker' without the tooth! It will seriously damage your 'fancibilty' rating!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
BC, I have just seen that it was Toblerone that you said you could eat until the cows come home on the thread I started.
I feel a bit guilty now!
And so you should and all!
Nnnnaaahhhhh it wuz my Wife who is to blame.
It was her who asked if I would like a couple of pieces of Toblerone, and as you already know, regarding sweets, they are my second biggest temptation.
After BEER!

I have kept the crown so am hoping that it perhaps it can be refitted, but I won't know until next Tuesday when I go to the Dentist, so watch this space for further info!

And as to my 'fancyability' rating.
No one gets a smile, and I try and keep my big gob shut!

I am sorry to hear about your granary jobby though Arti.
£50 wouldn't get them fixed, would it?

What annoys me is that because I have worked all of my life, and our income is too much, both my Wife and I have to pay for dental and everything. We don't qualify even for pension credit, or any council tax relief
Whereas some lazy rods who don't want to work get all this for free!
Still, I can hold my head up high contributing to George Osborns Coffers.

Thanks to all who have had something to say to me about this devastating experience I am having.
Very much appreciated.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

26-01-2016, 10:19 AM

Am off to the Dentist shortly to see if that broken off tooth can be retrieved. I am not holding my breath though.
Will just be holding my big mouth open, as the lady Indian Dentist peers inside.
Help!

Will report back later.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top