Join for free
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 01:29 PM

'Chase' Question

A question on the Chase was
What cut of beef shares its name with a peerage rank ?
And, without another thought Fabs says - Sir Loin
I tell ya I was in fits of giggles - I could imagine Bradley holding up the show too

The answer was Baron .............
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 01:33 PM

Re: 'Chase' Question

Nice one I think Sir Loin is the better answer
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Nice one I think Sir Loin is the better answer
'giggle' I'll tell him
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 02:01 PM

I like Sir Lion better too.

I learned something new but useless last night, in a film I watched on utube a very young Simon Ward is an escaped lunatic from an asylum, he picks up Hayley Mills in his car and as he's driving along he says two things to her in order to make conversation, the first one was "Do you know it takes four hours to boil an Ostrich egg?" and the second "Only one woman in ten can wink" I'm so glad I learned that.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 02:09 PM

A Baron of beef is both sides of the rump with some of the Sirloin attached. In other words a cows backside: http://www.cooksinfo.com/baron-of-beef
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I like Sir Lion better too.

I learned something new but useless last night, in a film I watched on utube a very young Simon Ward is an escaped lunatic from an asylum, he picks up Hayley Mills in his car and as he's driving along he says two things to her in order to make conversation, the first one was "Do you know it takes four hours to boil an Ostrich egg?" and the second "Only one woman in ten can wink" I'm so glad I learned that.
They don't write them like that anymore

BTW Jem - its Sir LOIN - not Sir Lion
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 02:40 PM

What is this cut sire? Tis the loin Sir. I dub thee-Sir Loin. Well that`s what I was lead to think

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top