Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Thought I would help you decide how to vote

nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Re: Thought I would help you decide how to vote

But . . . but . . . what do I do ? . . . . the SNP isn't mentioned.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 05:54 PM

Ooops sorry Denis - didn't realise it was England-centric
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 06:51 PM

What do I have to hate to vote for :- None of the above?
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Very good

Weve already sent our votes off (postal vote). Lets hope they receive them as there's nothing to say that they get them. I think you should be sent a receipt of some kind when you do a postal vote.

Wouldn't it be good if we could all vote Online? (for those who own a computer). It would make life a lot easier.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 07:28 PM

Lol that's so funny - I hate Clarky
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Just answered yes to one of the above, and that was Jeremy Clarkson....don't hate him, just can't stand him.........he is one man that really gets on my nerves....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Good one!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Very good

Weve already sent our votes off (postal vote). Lets hope they receive them as there's nothing to say that they get them. I think you should be sent a receipt of some kind when you do a postal vote.

Wouldn't it be good if we could all vote Online? (for those who own a computer). It would make life a lot easier.
Sorry Alicat, I just can not understand why people want postal votes.

They are open to fraudulent practices and as you say you dont know if they were received or are stuck in the post.
You have to have you vote in so soon that if something happened late on in the campaign that could make you change your vote it is to late, you have voted for the wrong person.

I do not trust politicians so I prefer to leave my vote until the polling day.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

03-05-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Sorry Alicat, I just can not understand why people want postal votes.

They are open to fraudulent practices and as you say you dont know if they were received or are stuck in the post.
You have to have you vote in so soon that if something happened late on in the campaign that could make you change your vote it is to late, you have voted for the wrong person.

I do not trust politicians so I prefer to leave my vote until the polling day.
Good point. I suppose some people are not as mobile as others and need this form of voting. But I agree with you on there being a lot of scope for fraud.

I wouldn't change my mind once I have looked at their manifestos unless the suddenly announced the would bring back public executions or something really serious like that. The odd 'gaff' just makes me smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top