Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 08:47 PM

Internet useage

There must be something wrong with me, I don't use t'internet every day.

Everyone seems to be here every day at all hours and I've got friends who wake up and go online like a smoker reaches for a fag.

So, how long do you reckon you spend online in a 24 hr period?
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 08:51 PM

Re: Internet useage

I guess it depends, I work on a computer and am online every day during work hours. At home I don't watch TV so the PC is my entertainment. Some watch endless repeats of tv shows and are glued to the telly, I choose to chat with friends. It's what ever makes you happy.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 09:02 PM

Im on and off all through
the day...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Everyone seems to be here every day at all hours and I've got friends who wake up and go online like a smoker reaches for a fag.

Thankfully I can take it or leave it, never got hooked on the internet, being a smoker I'd sooner have a fag and a pint any day.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 10:45 PM

I'm logged on 24/7 but that's because my phone is online 24/7.
I use the Internet a lot as I'm emailing throughout the day and checking material prices and availability.

Having said that I do use it for leisure time a little too much.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:31 PM

My computer is on (and on line) from when I get up to when I go to bed but often overnight and naturally my phone is on line all the time too. I rarely use my phone for browsing just apps such as the train timetables, Google Maps or email.

In reality I possibly spend up to 45mins a day actually browsing the Internet perhaps 10/15 minutes at a time when I am home but my computer spends far longer downloading just broadcast UK TV shows for example (at the moment Dickensian and Death in Paradise series 5). On wet days it might be used for longer.

I pay for 100Gb download allowance per month (unlimited uploads) and use it all. Getting the NBN and a 100Mbps fibre connection made a big difference to my usage.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

A while back I asked the same thing as some people seem to be on here all day every day. Don't know where they find the time!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 12:33 PM

It varies with me, some days I'm on a lot but other days I just don't bother, depends what I'm doing.
Never go on first thing in the morning.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
It varies with me, some days I'm on a lot but other days I just don't bother, depends what I'm doing.
That's me too, TBH.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Why?.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top