Join for free
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 03:34 PM

The Parental Rights Of the Abusers

I watched The Victoria Derbyshire show this morning where a victim of domestic violence was telling her story of how her violent estranged husband murdered his two children whom he had had shown violence to in the past.
This visit was sanctioned by the appropriate authority ensuring that even brutes have parental rights.
It is absolutely appalling.
It is my belief that if violence can be proved then the perpetrator should lose all rights of access until the child in case is old enough to choose otherwise.
In many cases violent fathers are not interested in seeing their children but go through the process of access, either supervised or not, as it is the last way they can have some sort of control over their estranged partner/spouse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-father.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 03:59 PM

Re: The Parental Rights Of the Abusers

I can only say I agree entirely.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:07 PM

I also agree but how many other non violent fathers are denied access to their children because the mothers have a grudge against them ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:39 PM

So right Ian - abusers should have 'no' rights
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I also agree but how many other non violent fathers are denied access to their children because the mothers have a grudge against them ?
That's nothing to do with this thread Muddy.
We are talking here about the immense pain, fear, hopelessness and loss suffered by many through domestic abuse.

II am referring to people I look upon as scum, and that is coming from a person who has formed his views not just from the media.

If you feel that strongly about the fathers you mention then may I be impertinent enough to suggest that you start another thread.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 08:44 PM

I saw this on tele,heart breaking ,how can a parent be so callous.The Mother said the children didnt like /trust their Father ,so they should never have been made to go to him un supervised ,poor little fellas.Courts should listen to & respect the wishes of the children when deciding who should do what

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top