Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 03:46 AM

The Spoken Word

My father was a student of classical music. Classical music was always heard daily in my house. I heard it so much, that after awhile, I got a good taste for it. Mind you, that I would never of admitted that fact in front of my friends out of a fear of being laugh at.

I remember one evening the family was sitting around the T.V. set. We were watching the life story of the Great Caruso. What impressed me most about Caruso was, that his voice was so strong, that he could hit a certain note with his voice and that the power of that note, could actually shatter a glass.

Of course being a mischievous child, the following morning I went to the kitchen, grabbed a glass, sat it on the kitchen table, took a very deep breath and yelled my head off. Of course, the glass never broke. The only effect my voice caused, was that of my father running into the kitchen to see what was wrong with me.

So words can create causes and effects and man in fact. for this very reason alone, is the only creature that has been given the gift of speech. Thus, because of this special gift, we must all remain cognizant that we should always think twice before we open our mouths.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 03:57 AM

Re: The Spoken Word

Was his(Caruso)first name Robinson, and he had a pal called Friday?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 03:58 AM

Damn, wrong man.

I should've thought twice about that one

Hope you're having a nice evening.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:04 AM

On a serious note, yes we should think twice because I tend to have foot in mouth syndrome on occasions and once it's out it can't be retracted
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2016, 04:10 AM

Exactly my point, though the written word is far more reaching especially on the net, there forever and for all to see.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 04:16 AM

Indeed that's true which is why I now put my brain into gear before I speak
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2016, 04:26 AM

I hate upsetting people, its not in my DNA and I'd much rather say nothing than cause someone distress or embarrassment, even telling a little white lie if required.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
So words can create causes and effects and man in fact. for this very reason alone, is the only creature that has been given the gift of speech. Thus, because of this special gift, we must all remain cognizant that we should always think twice before we open our mouths.
But lots of creatures have voices. To break a glass with sound words do not have to be spoken.

Just thought to mention the above .

Dunno why ...
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Damn, wrong man.

I should've thought twice about that one

Hope you're having a nice evening.
No problem, my brother. I enjoy your humor ..

To answer your question his full name
was Enrico Caruso. He was born in Naples and was a street singer. Which meant that Caruso was a born singer without any classical training..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-20-03-41-22-1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	171  
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
On a serious note, yes we should think twice because I tend to have foot in mouth syndrome on occasions and once it's out it can't be retracted
Me too. It has been said of me that I only open my mouth to change feet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top