Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:58 AM

A perfect body?

I've just been watching bits of a programme on BBC1 about young men who do body building to extremes. Horrendous.

Talk about women going 'under the knife,' aiming for perfection, these young men are just the same.
Some are either taking or injecting steroids to get the body image they think they need. Others are going abroad to have surgery to create their six packs etc, while others are obsessively working out at gyms to try and obtain extreme measurements, yet still not satisfied.

I think it's like a form of an illness with them.
It reminds me of when you hear anorexic people say they still think they look fat. These lads said when they look in a mirror they don't see their physique as anywhere near the perfection they seek.

There was one h-u-g-e bloke who was straining badly to life a ridiculous weight and the programme journalist noticed blood seeping through the top of this guy's bald head! The weightlifter shrugged it off and said it was just his blood pressure!

There were other horrible sights and interviews too, but too many to go into here.
How does a person's mind become so totally obsessive like this I wonder?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 01:02 AM

Re: A perfect body?

Body Dysmorphic Disorder?
They see what they consider a fault/flaw and obsess over it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:06 PM

My interpretation of a perfect body would be that of an all round Athlete. After all, the body is supposed to be functional and those big guys who lift weights to extremes are limited in what they can do in other areas of life, other than lift heavy objects.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:15 PM

My idea of a perfect body is one that serves its purpose.

I'm not interested in rippling muscles, shape etc.

If it gets me from A to B via C and is relatively pain free , I'm happy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

I agree Terry and the same goes for my four wheeled companion, just get me there please..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:22 PM

I agree Terry and the same goes for my four wheeled companion, just get me there please without breaking down ..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2016, 12:46 PM

Bloomin eck, Meg. How many trusty steeds have you got?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 01:37 PM

Bloomin eck, Meg. How many trusty steeds have you got?
Meg's in stereo
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 01:41 PM

Hate the sight of these eejits and their veiny muscles
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hate the sight of these eejits and their veiny muscles
I know some of us have seen this one before, but I couldn't resist sharing it again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top