Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 03:35 AM

Katie Piper

Just been watching Bodyshockers, or should I say it was on tv.

I remember watching the progress of presenter Katie Piper following a dreadful sulphuric acid attack, an attack which destroyed her face and blinded her in one eye.

Over the years this young lady has endured many many reconstruction ops, not to mention psychological treatment.

Watching her tonight was delightful, how she's overcome her disfigurement and has blossomed into a beautiful, no a stunning young woman.

She is just amazing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Piper
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 04:26 AM

Re: Katie Piper

Indeed she is, this is the most courageous young woman .
I hope that those who did this to her are never let out.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 10:07 AM

How jealous someone must be to do such a thing to a woman or a man

They should be locked up for life in my mind. Terrible thing to
do to someone. Why they think that it will stop that person
being able to get a new friend or partner I don't know. Of course
they will as we are all not that petty to do something like that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 10:51 AM

There is one acid attack every week in England
Its a despicable crime and the perpetrator should get 'life'
Katie is a lovely brave lady, so are the other victims I have been reading about - life changed forever ...........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 11:26 AM

I think Katie Piper is brave and inspirational. She has given hope to so many who have suffered or were born with facial disfigurement.
She knocks spots off all the other preening, pretentious celebrities.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Indeed she is, this is the most courageous young woman .
I hope that those who did this to her are never let out.
How they must feel, locked up in prison facing the day to day mundane life of a prisoner, seeing her on the tv knowing she's held in such high esteem, a very successful career and most of all the freedom to enjoy that success, brilliant.

When they finally get released they won't even be able to go abroad and will face the rest of their lives on licence whilst Katie enjoys life to the fullest, now that's what I call payback.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 11:48 AM

I wonder -one at least is up for parole already - which I trust will be turned down.
They should have tattooed onto their foreheads acid thrower so that people may shun then forever .
And sadly Katie price will suffer forever . The acid has affected her throat she swallowed some during the attack so she can barely eat and is too thin even to conceive another child so she is thinking of adopting one from a burns unit .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wonder -one at least is up for parole already - which I trust will be turned down.
They should have tattooed onto their foreheads acid thrower so that people may shun then forever .And sadly Katie price will suffer forever . The acid has affected her throat she stalled some so she can barely eat and is too thin even to conceive another child so she is thinking of adopting one from a burns unit .
I like the idea
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
How they must feel, locked up in prison facing the day to day mundane life of a prisoner, seeing her on the tv knowing she's held in such high esteem, a very successful career and most of all the freedom to enjoy that success, brilliant.

When they finally get released they won't even be able to go abroad and will face the rest of their lives on licence whilst Katie enjoys life to the fullest, now that's what I call payback.

I recall that not long ago, this lovely girl was apparently getting very anxious as one of those louts who harmed her was getting parole and if let out, would be living in a street right near her. Poor girl was very frightened he would come after her again.

I believe in the end, the parole was refused.

I agree with everyone else, she seems a lovely, genuine, and very brave lady.
Hasn't she recently got married too?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2016, 12:42 AM

I hadn't thought of that, but I'm sure there will be restrictions put on their licence conditions.
Any breach of these conditions could see them returned to prison, for life.

Yes she's married and had a baby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top