Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 11:52 AM

'Reflections of the Past'

I hope members will enjoy looking at this study by Tom Hussey, showing elderly people looking into mirrors to see reflections of their younger selves

Gallery

"The images were used by healthcare company Novartis in a marketing campaign for its Exelon Patch, which is used for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. The campaign won a Gold Addy Award from the American Advertising Federation and was featured in the Communication Arts Photography Annual."

I think they are beautiful and poignant. Which is your favourite?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 12:04 PM

Re: 'Reflections of the Past'

I can see how some people would like it but, it would either make me feel very sad or freak me out!
There's also the worry that some would think they actually look like that, I'm sure my sister would, and behave (or not) accordingly.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 12:55 PM

I only see my dad when looking in the mirror and if I saw myself as a young man it would not be helpful. Sorry if I seem negative. I havent this disease (yet) but my mother & mother in law & grandmother had it & I'm not sure if in the later stages it would help. But what do I know.
The photography is as you say excellent.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 01:13 PM

I loved them all, it reinforced my belief that aging ain't for sissies ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 01:17 PM

Poignant and quite beautiful DM ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can see how some people would like it but, it would either make me feel very sad or freak me out!
There's also the worry that some would think they actually look like that, I'm sure my sister would, and behave (or not) accordingly.
Yes - you have a good point there
If it 'is' showing good results that's great .......
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 01:30 PM

Rather sad !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 01:30 PM

I felt a sadness looking at the first two, so didn't progress with it
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 01:38 PM

I dont know if it helps them so much as it may help us or the carers..

Its so easy (esp for young people) to see old people esp those with dementia as a bag of wrinkles and not much else. Seeing these people for who they are, what they have achieved, and how strong and beautiful they were helps to remind us that these are individuals who deserve our utmost care and respect.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-01-2016, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I dont know if it helps them so much as it may help us or the carers..

Its so easy (esp for young people) to see old people esp those with dementia as a bag of wrinkles and not much else. Seeing these people for who they are, what they have achieved, and how strong and beautiful they were helps to remind us that these are individuals who deserve our utmost care and respect.

Absolutely right - I live amongst older people and don't need to see their younger pictures, I see them as they are today and if they want to talk of their past, I am happy to listen
I like your point about the youngsters - I hope they get to see the pictures - it would be an interesting school subject

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top