Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:26 PM

The name's Bond, James Bond

Who has been your favourite in the role?

As a youngster I thought no-one could top Sean Connery but I think Daniel Craig has been superb. He has helped bring the tired format kicking and screaming in to the 21st Century!
And what about his replacement? There are many fine actors who are exciting contenders I think...
Idris Elba gets my vote. He has the right combination of grit, charm and cheek! Plus he has my father's name, no contest!!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:38 PM

Re: The name's Bond, James Bond

Can't agree I'm afraid. Craig has, for me, ruined the Bond genre. His rough, rugged, thuggish Bond is a far cry from the Bond I envisage. The Craig bond comes across thick as . . . a plank and would struggle to open a tin of beans and likely be happier to whip out his PPK and shoot it instead. The sooner he is ditched the better TBH.

Bond should, imo, be suave, impeccable, clever, shrewd, able to triumph with brain over brawn and be able to operate effectively in all environments. Brosnan was a great Bond whose lifespan was over all too quickly but Connery will always be the Daddy.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Can't agree I'm afraid. Craig has, for me, ruined the Bond genre. His rough, rugged, thuggish Bond is a far cry from the Bond I envisage. The Craig bond comes across thick as . . . a plank and would struggle to open a tin of beans and likely be happier to whip out his PPK and shoot it instead. The sooner he is ditched the better TBH.

Bond should, imo, be suave, impeccable, clever, shrewd, able to triumph with brain over brawn and be able to operate effectively in all environments. Brosnan was a great Bond whose lifespan was over all too quickly but Connery will always be the Daddy.
Interesting take Realist. I think the problem is you can't have a box office blockbuster these days without a few car chases and fistycuffs! I think Craig brought a certsin vulnerability to Bond which was quite refreshing. But what do I know?! Brosnan was great in The Thomas Crown Affair (think that title is right!) That was a psychological mastermind at his best
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:49 PM

Fast cars.loose women and handy at the gaming table----umm never really me.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:08 PM

Sean Connery every time for me. I guess i'm too old for the part now? Unless you'd be happy with Bond at a Premium?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

16-01-2016, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Sean Connery every time for me. I guess i'm too old for the part now? Unless you'd be happy with Bond at a Premium?
Well I think it's definitely worth a shot EZ!
Roger Moore managed to stretch it out a decade or two
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:19 PM

As a youngster I thought no-one could top Sean Connery ...... until Pierce Brosnan came along!
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
..... Roger Moore managed to stretch it out a decade or two
My guess is that he was willing to work for less. The man is a static mannequin ... no actor.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

16-01-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
My guess is that he was willing to work for less. The man is a static mannequin ... no actor.
Hahahahahaha!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:49 PM

Personally I think the latest film "Spectre" is one too far for Craig,and indeed for Bond,it just didn't do it for me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top