Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 01:27 PM

Has OFF settled down now?

I have noticed that the site in general has become a more congenial place to post lately, ever since Azz started a thread asking what rules we wanted.
A bit of spleen venting went on but I have noticed that all is calm and conviviality now.
Some have departed, others seem to have mellowed their tone, all in all contributing to a smooth running and enjoyable place to spend ( too much! ) time.
Or is it because I have not come across the more contentious threads?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 01:31 PM

Re: Has OFF settled down now?

I thought that too!
Depends which threads you look at, some just won't give in!

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 01:35 PM

I'm more choosy of threads now - just say me bit if I have to and move on. Prefer lighter subjects anyway
The forum has improved, as you say ........
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 01:37 PM

Yip,all seems quiet on the Western Front...I don't go near the contentious threads now..not good for My health or mood
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
I have noticed that the site in general has become a more congenial place to post lately, ever since Azz started a thread asking what rules we wanted.
A bit of spleen venting went on but I have noticed that all is calm and conviviality now.
Some have departed, others seem to have mellowed their tone, all in all contributing to a smooth running and enjoyable place to spend ( too much! ) time.
Or is it because I have not come across the more contentious threads?
Thus it has been since the inception of forums Ian , little storms followed by periods of calm .
I haven't noticed any departures only new arrivals who are most welcome to join us .

We try to accommodate all our members here, not easy at times but we do try hard .
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm more choosy of threads now - just say me bit if I have to and move on. Prefer lighter subjects anyway
The forum has improved, as you say ........
Same here Patsy. Best staying off the serious stuff and whilst it does limit my input on topics that do interest me, for a quiet life it is wiser to leave it to others

It could seem quiet because everyone is watching the trash can, ready to hurl rotten veg at the latest miscreant
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Same here Patsy. Best staying off the serious stuff and whilst it does limit my input on topics that do interest me, for a quiet life it is wiser to leave it to others
Val the simple answer is at Patsy says have your say on any topic and move on. You are not obliged to argue your point or respond to any questioning unless you so choose but you are entitled to express your opinion .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Val the simple answer is at Patsy says have your say on any topic and move on. You are not obliged to argue your point or respond to any questioning unless you so choose but you are entitled to express your opinion .
Absolutely

There is a little 'unrest' on a few threads .. personality clashes .. but why bother becoming involved ?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:09 PM

I stay away from the political threads. Notice my threads are pretty stupid. I do that on purpose. Life is complicated enough without bringing the complication here. Plus its a known fact, that I am a stupid kind of guy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

16-01-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I stay away from the political threads. Notice my threads are pretty stupid. I do that on purpose. Life is complicated enough without bringing the complication here. Plus its a known fact, that I am a stupid kind of guy
Rodolpho all topics add variety , yours are unique and most welcome...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top