Join for free
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 06:44 PM

Baby boomers

I am a baby boomer, that is to say someone born in the years immediately after WW2.

AS a group we seem to be at the centre of of displeasure from other generations for our charmed lives. Apparently.
For..................
Missed most of the post war privations, enjoyed world peace
bought our own house, had job security, free university places. All these things could be regarded as privilege.

I think we'v e earned our place in the family & community being Taxi service, home for 20 -30s stay at homes, bank of mum & dad, babysitters, school drivers.
Or have I got it all wrong?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 07:05 PM

Re: Baby boomers

Fair Play to anyone born in that Era, the living portion of that demographic still form a big portion of the ethnic balance in the head count of this population, once nature takes it course, there will be frantic tapping of calculators, to assess the result.Imo.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 07:09 PM

spot on Robert, I am one of those B.B as well. In actual fact I ended the war.B

Bet you want to know how?

Well when I was born i was so ugly my parents didn't even know which end to put the nappy on. Well the photographer for the local newspaper got to hear about it and took loads of photos. Well the photos went national and dear old Winnie Churchill saw a copy and ordered thousands to be printed.

Now you want to know why don't you

Well he ordered a bombing raid over Germany not to drop bombs but these thousands of photos of me as a baby.

Eventually Hitler got hold of one of these photos and said to his henchmen " if this is what we are going to win the war over then there is no point in carrying on"

And that dear readers is how I stopped the war
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Well most of the BB have enjoyed a time when work was available and homes were affordable, as pensioners they have suffered less than others as part of the welfare system. How many of you would fare so well in todays society as teenagers. ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 09:15 PM

Very true Nom, the year I got married (1st time) between booking the wedding and getting married the house we were hoping to buy went up from £2,000 to more than double, we had to stay with family for ages. Then there were all the redundancies from the aerospace industry in the area, nothing got better from then on.
BB's offspring will inherit from their parents and the divide will carry on getting bigger.
We can't blame the boomers though, children were cherished and were seen as the future in those days, unlike today where they're treated as either a luxury or an inconvenience in some cases.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top