Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:48 PM

A Pharaoh's wish for Immortality

The Pharaoh had a last wish and testament. That he lie dormant for eternity under the protection of his rock tomb. Thus, for over 2000 years his body remained intact and secluded from the outside world.

Despite the Pharaoh's wish, his last will has been violated. For he now lives in a glass tomb.He now no longer sleeps in peace, for his body's new resting place is a glass tomb for all the curious to see.

Behold the eternal Pharaoh, the late... Ramesses II

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-14-15-27-53-1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	134  
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 10:32 PM

Re: A Pharaoh's wish for Immortality

I suppose he fared better than Ramses III who achieved even greater fame thanks to Boris and Mary's creation. Without checking I believe Ramses I did not achieve 2000 years without interruption by tomb robbers who stripped his mummy of valuables. I think he was found with others in a royal cache by Maspero sometime in the 1880s.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 10:33 PM

A truly terrible end for any man or woman, having folks gawking at you for eternity and you not looking your best either.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 10:59 PM

Imagine waking up to this ! Some guy looking under your sheets ! You'd think a Pharaoh would get more respect...

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-14-15-22-37-1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	136  
eyes_of_a_painter
n

14-01-2016, 11:13 PM

I think the Sphinx is trying to tell us something about the immortality of the Pharaoh...

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-14-17-09-59-1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	137  
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
A truly terrible end for any man or woman, having folks gawking at you for eternity and you not looking your best either.
I always think that .... poor souls, to become a ghoulish attraction.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I think the Sphinx is trying to tell us something about the immortality of the Pharaoh...
Well at least the Dream Stele is still there. The Pharaoh's did neglect the Sphinx and allow the sands to encroach.
graculus
Yorkshire

14-01-2016, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I always think that .... poor souls, to become a ghoulish attraction.
Not sure that would have bothered the ancient Egyptians. The fact that their names are said and repeated gives them immortality. We can but hope that in the future we may be curious archaeology.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

14-01-2016, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Not sure that would have bothered the ancient Egyptians. The fact that their names are said and repeated gives them immortality. We can but hope that in the future we may be curious archaeology.
Curious archaeology indeed ! We can only hope that true investigators don't continue being blind and admit once and for all that the Egyptians had knowlecge of electricity and were in possession of a Egyptian Light .Bulb.

Evidence of the Egyptian Light Bulb can be found engraved on a Egyptian Monument...

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-14-17-23-02-1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	138  
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=eyes_of_a_painter;799315]Curious archaeology indeed ! We can only hope that true investigators don't continue being blind and admit once and for all that the Egyptians had knowlecge of electricity and were in possession of a Egyptian Light .Bulb.

Yes they knew a lot more than we think, parts of crude batteries thousands of years old were dug up in China I read somewhere.
Then the Egyptians had that unique method of extracting the brain out of the skull by a suction process leaving the head completely undamaged. I was thinking of this last night just before I nodded of to sleep, then I had a nightmare, I was all tied up in white bandages and couldn’t move a muscle, the wife was looming over me with the bathroom plunger in her hand, terrifying sight, was she going to suck the little bit I had left in me head out? Luckily the dog barked and woke me up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top