Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 05:02 PM

How was your day?

Did you have a good day? Did you do anything exciting or unusual or was it an ordinary run of the mill day? If so, is that good, or bad?

We had a sparkling day weather wise, though best viewed from behind glass, as there is a fearsome wind coming from somewhere very cold. I did get out for a walk with the dog though, so had the cobwebs blown away.

I changed our bed (the equivalent of a 15 minute gym workout, I always think!) so will have the great pleasure of fresh bedding tonight. I love that.

Other than that, it has been a non-spectacular day. The cricket from SA has been on TV but that has been non-spectacular, if interesting, too.

How was yours?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 05:13 PM

Re: How was your day?

Got particularly peed off with a couple of old Codgers on here earlier, almost left but didn't quite make it through the door...!

Just about to do a family birthday tea...fondly known as a "Nanny tea" in our family. Up to me neck in ham and cream cheese, egg mayo, dips, fondant cakes, chocolate fingers, you know the kind of thing...

More tea, Vicar??!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 05:15 PM

ah - don't let the codgers grind you down

enjoy the tea ... mmm, chocolate fingers. How long since I've had those?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 05:22 PM

I got up at 8.30am and went out to heat the shed before it could start any work out there, the place was like a fridge. I came in for lunch at 1pm then went back out again, finished the work at 3.30 and I’m having a large bottle of Guinness now with a cigar, the fire is lighting and it’s starting to get dark, I expect I’ll be doing the same thing tomorrow.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 05:30 PM

Managed to fetch our son from Birmingham airport using our new car's built-in sat-nav without any problems.
dinahsmum
SW England

14-01-2016, 05:35 PM

good that the Sat-Nav played nicely
What sort of voice does it have? We had one with a very plummy female voice once - made you feel you had to sit up straight and check your shoes were shiney whenever she piped up
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 06:29 PM

Rotten day - been waiting since 8am to have a freezer installed they came at 3pm. Then said they weren't booked for 'installation' !
We had to show them we had paid £90 to have that done.
Very stressful day - Currys get 0 outa 10 from me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Rotten day - been waiting since 8am to have a freezer installed they came at 3pm. Then said they weren't booked for 'installation' !
We had to show them we had paid £90 to have that done.
Very stressful day - Currys get 0 outa 10 from me

I think I did warn you a while back about Curry's Patsy. Our local one is also a dreadful shop.
Yes, they've got lots of eye catching things on display to tempt us, but the customer service stinks!

What was the outcome of getting rid of the old one in the end? Did they take it for you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 06:37 PM

I've had a fairly pleasant day. Nothing exciting, but got some jobs done I wanted to, so I'm happy enough.

Bloomin' freezing outside now though, nice to be home in the warm again.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 06:45 PM

I went to the gym for the first time since before Christmas.
Was pleasantly surprised to find I'd only gained 4 lbs in weight. I expected a lot worse!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top