Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 07:49 AM

There are some nice people about.

A few days ago one of the old ladies I care for phoned
me.
She told me a friend, who lives on bare minimum had a problem, his washing machine has blown up.

I do some shopping and run odd errends for this man because he doesnt get any help and so together we agreed that I would look for a secondhand washing machine for him. OH will install it for him.

Yesterday I was at the lady's house when one of her other nieghbours turned up and to our surprise she offered to pay for a new washing machine for the old man.

She doesnt know him , shes on a pension herself but she felt she needed to do something to help. She said she had the money in her savings and so if it could help him she wanted to do it. ( of course we didnt accept )

No point to this thread really just that its easy to moan about all the bad things and sometimes we forget there are still some really wonderful people out there..
I dont even know this wonderful lady's name but she really is a generous and caring person and her offer of kindness shouldnt go unmentioned..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 08:39 AM

Re: There are some nice people about.

I hold the view that there are many more good people about than bad people but it's the bad people who make their presence felt.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I hold the view that there are many more good people about than bad people but it's the bad people who make their presence felt.
Very true..
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 10:10 AM

A good soul. What a lovely woman and what a decent gesture ...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Exactly Alan
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 11:33 AM

Spot on, Alan.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 04:33 PM

Lovely story!
I met a nice person today, an optician who was the only one in my area who would do an emergency GP referal. He was very kind and thorough, even gave me a scan, then found my car keys. I thought I'd dropped them somewhere but, they'd gone through a hole in my coat lining!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 06:10 PM

Yes, the people who do good deeds or who offer generous gestures slip by un-noticed.

What a nice lady.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 06:16 PM

I agree, there are many good and kind and generous people in this world of ours.
[dare I say it, yes I will]
Pity there are others about who want to spoil things .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 07:23 PM

Just go on you tube and search. acts of kindness
It was a lovely gesture your neighbour offered , its nice to know that not everyone is out for themselves

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top