Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Local News

Hi

Do you have a local newspaper?

We do, the Shropshire Star, which has local news divisions in it.

This was big news today

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2...-newports-a41/

What tickled me was the statement that the pheasant did not survive.

I should think not after that lot.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 08:03 PM

Re: Local News

Who would believe a pheasant could do so much damage. If it had survived it would have been a miracle.
From our local news today.
http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/...ail/story.html

Really sad, it was a lovely pub.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 11:04 PM

I don't buy a local newspaper but look at the on-line version.
The headlines stories which are 'most read' appear in a column on the right side of the page.

On a slow news day they will pinch the headlines from another part of the country so a quick glance will give the impression there has been some horrific event locally when that is not the case .

The headlines earlier were about a car park back exit being closed leading to an uproar by residents.
Riveting stuff
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 11:08 PM

We have a freebie mostly it carries all the planning applications and other advertising with the odd story thrown in..

I cant share this weeks copy because its too distressing, involving the murder of a 6 week old pup.. The whole town is in uproar about it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 11:12 PM

Our top story.

Apart from an elderly lady killed by a reversing car...

A man's decomposed body was removed from a G/F flat, which was also infestated by vermin, which had overflowed into that of a woman living above.

She demanded to be rehoused, and saying she couldn't afford pest control treatment, so the council rehoused her temporarily in a hostel and deep cleaned both flats, saying she is now free to move back home.

The article says his body may have been there 3 weeks. One comment on the webpage said how sad that her only concern was for the vermins, but not paying any attention to the non appearance of a neighbour for so long. I quite agree.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top