Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 02:26 PM

Would you want publicity if you won £33million?

Good luck to this couple who have 'come out' after winning one half of last weekend's record lottery jackpot. I hope their win brings them lots of happiness.

If I ever came into a lot of money (unlikely as I hardly ever do the lottery, especially now it is £2 and even more especially since they added a further 10 numbers and have made the chance of winning even more tiny) I'm sure I wouldn't want it spread over every TV, radio, newspaper and internet channel.

How about you? Tell the world, or keep it to yourself?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Re: Would you want publicity if you won £33million?

No Dinahsmum, I certainly wouldn't want publicity ...... but I may need hospital treatment for shock!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 02:47 PM

No I wouldnt want the publicity either...I just think if you have a large amount of money and are very wealthy you just make yourself a target for lowlifes and fraudsters to fleece or rip you off..
I usually just think to myself if fraudsters or lowlifes can find any money ive got could they please let me know where it is too.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 02:50 PM

I never do the Lotto.. and.I certainly wouldn't want any publicity,that would be a nightmare for Me...But if I did I'd give most of it away to Family/Charities,but keep a couple of Mil' and buy a lovely secluded cottage on Loch Lomondside with an acre or two,where I could get another dog who could roam free 'til His/Her hearts content...sigh
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 02:58 PM

Having read the article, it made me think...

Just how many close friends do I have, who I would like to benefit from a big win? I know of a handful of people going back to when I was at school, the ex married couple that I've known for over 35 years, and two ex colleagues from when I joined the bank in 1989.

Then I have a friend who learned to fly with me in Clacton around 1990. We're still in touch. Oh, then there's my friend in the USA, who I've also known from about the age of 14-15. Then there's my friend in Australia, who left the UK at the age of 14, the one I flew out to 11 years ago, but who never bothers to write (but strangely I am FB friends with all her 5 children, but only met two of them).

Where do I start? Where do I stop?

What about my extended family, children of my brother's ex wives for example, or the nieces and nephew I never see nowadays.

And would ANY of these people ever consider me, should they get the win?

Nope. Don't think I would go public, at least not until till I've drawn up a huge list of YES and NO, and had numerous meetings with the financial adviser.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 03:02 PM

No, I wouldn't.

British Airways Upper-class straight out to New York for a months stay at the Plaza. During my time there I would be scouting out a nice apartment with breath taking views over the City, I love.

Not that I've given it any thought or anything ... : - )
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 03:16 PM

Keeping mum.
( that other half of the jackpot hasn't been claimed yet, has it?! )
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 03:19 PM

I can't imagine anyone wanting publicity and the media camping outside your door and begging letters what a nightmare...
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 05:15 PM

We have our record breaking jackpot tonight worth 1.5 billion dollars. I am sure that whoever wins will remain in hiding
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 05:42 PM

What ... 1.5 billion dollars why on earth have they let it get to that amount of money.

I would not want publicity. There are not that many people I would want to benefit from it and they would know any way if I had won.

We did get a ticket for this and got two numbers so won a free draw in tonights lotto.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top