Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 01:46 AM

My Father the Alien

What I can tell you about my father is, that he was a very mysterious man. He spent little time at home and when he was home, all sorts of strange characters came to pay him a visit. He would shut himself up in his den and when he came out, his quest were very very respectful of him. I can say that on one occasion I saw one guy kiss his pinky ring. So I was never sure what to make of him. Was he a spy, a double agent or maybe even, an alien from a far away galaxy ? He spoke several languages and there was one I never could trace.

When he was locked up in his den I would spy through the key hole to see if I could catch a glimpse of what he was doing. He sat there for hours reading a book and when I snuck into his den to see what that book was all about, It was written in a language I could not understand.

To this day when I ask my mother about my dad's secretive lifestyle, she avoids the conversation. Some years back I found within some of his old trinkets, a very old ring with a weird design on it. Which leads me to believe he was a member of a very secret and mysterious society.

Still I wonder about my dad. What was he hiding in his garage all these years ? Who knows, maybe it was his corvette stingray or better yet, an interplanetary spaceship.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Re: My Father the Alien

Painter I would suggest that you have watched The Godfather or your Dad was a Don.
Are you Italian at all

Seems sad you didn't have the love of a Father. Saying that
neither did I as mine was out working, sleeping or down
at his working mens club

There again mine didn't wear rings
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 10:58 AM

What an interesting post dear boy. I suspect we all have areas where we will never know the whole truth about our forebears. or ourselves now I come to think of it.
No doubt your father was acting in a benevolent and life affirming manner. You seem to be like him to my untrained eye. Certainly you are wide ranging in your thinking.

I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I am from the planet Greendoor. I used to think I got the idea from reading some of HG Wells short stories. This planet has solved many of the Earth's current problems.
Take population growth............not a problem for there are 7 genders, all of whom have to be present at conception & with their parents approval.
more later
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Painter I would suggest that you have watched The Godfather or your Dad was a Don.
Are you Italian at all

Seems sad you didn't have the love of a Father. Saying that
neither did I as mine was out working, sleeping or down
at his working mens club

There again mine didn't wear rings
I think most men are distant from their children. When I go to a restaurant and see a family, most women attend to their children while the men seem to be oblivious of their surroundings.

Am I Italian at all ? Thats a good question ! What does " at all " mean when you are Italian ? Don't mind me, I like playing with words, though words can be a bit confusing in this Italian head of mine..
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 11:11 AM

My father was a nasty,lying cowardly bully-but he also had some bad points.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

13-01-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
What an interesting post dear boy. I suspect we all have areas where we will never know the whole truth about our forebears. or ourselves now I come to think of it.
No doubt your father was acting in a benevolent and life affirming manner. You seem to be like him to my untrained eye. Certainly you are wide ranging in your thinking.

I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I am from the planet Greendoor. I used to think I got the idea from reading some of HG Wells short stories. This planet has solved many of the Earth's current problems.
Take population growth............not a problem for there are 7 genders, all of whom have to be present at conception & with their parents approval.
more later
I think our image of our father changes as we grow. As a kid we see him greater than life. As a teenager our dad becomes sort of an obstacle in whatever we want to do, especially if as a teenager you are a rebel without a cause and as we mature, we realize that our dad has much more to give than we can ever imagine, if we take the time to listen to his words
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 11:21 AM

My image was as a small child-some negative feelings-as I grew it became hate,as I grew to adulthood it remained hate. Maybe he needed mental care but I think he was just nasty.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

13-01-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
My father was a nasty,lying cowardly bully-but he also had some bad points.
My dad was quite impatient he got bored easy of his surroundings and was always looking for some place new to go. A bit of an adventurer who traveled the world. I think my dad should never of married. He should of been a sailor in life with an unchartered course.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

13-01-2016, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
My image was as a small child-some negative feelings-as I grew it became hate,as I grew to adulthood it remained hate. Maybe he needed mental care but I think he was just nasty.
What we all experience as children, good or bad, effects us all for a lifetime
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 12:30 PM

Dads hey, there was one that named his son "Sue", just goes to show, Dad knew best in the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top